New Road surface

Cynic
This post is 5683 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I don't know if its me but does anybody else think the new stuff they are laying these days seems worse in wet weather? When i'm at work in the truck if its been raining the thing will spin its wheels very easily, it doesent feel all that good on the bike either (Michelin pilot road 2 if your interested).

I thought it was great at first in the 'summer' loads of grip, knee scraping if thats your thing. But now the temperatures are dropping off. I dunno, throw in some leaves and a few myopic car drivers still asleep at half four in the morning and you don't need coffee to get you awake.

Comments.......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know if its me but does anybody else think the new stuff they are laying these days seems worse in wet weather? When i'm at work in the truck if its been raining the thing will spin its wheels very easily, it doesent feel all that good on the bike either (Michelin pilot road 2 if your interested).

I thought it was great at first in the 'summer' loads of grip, knee scraping if thats your thing. But now the temperatures are dropping off. I dunno, throw in some leaves and a few myopic car drivers still asleep at half four in the morning and you don't need coffee to get you awake.

Comments.......

no it's not just you i thought it was the crap tyres on me van but on roundabouts the traction control light flashes like it's going to explode and i can feel the abs working when braking not good :blink:

I reckon we're just rediscovering our Winter riding styles again.

Bit of mixed-signal confusion due to the erratic weather.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online