need help wiring indicators on my dt125x

alza
This post is 5667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone just bought some indicators for my dt125x & need some help wiring them up!!(some pics) if possible..i have the indicators but i think i need indyclips..here's the pics..thanx alza

Picture002.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes they are leds i dont no what was on the bike before??as i bought the bike without indicators but please dont say i cant use these on my bike..lol

yes they are leds i dont no what was on the bike before??as i bought the bike without indicators but please dont say i can use these on my bike..lol

The thing is, i suspect the bike was sold with filament indicators (bulbs), You could do with confirming this with other owners if you dont know. Howeever if it was, then you will need adifferent flasher relay than the one fitted as standard, have a look at this thread here Here Another thing is the ones you have will have a positive and negative connection so you should have some instruction that came with them, i suggest you PM exupnutta (Ollie), hes an expert with led's ;)

hi oldgitonabike thanx for the info..i have seen i may need a relay flasher seen one for 20 pounds..i didnt get any instructions with the indicators..but i will pm exupnutta...thanx alza..

Guest Exupnutta

And why would you say that? when black is usually negative (as in your battery connections).

I agree, the black is negative and the yellow positive :)

My mate fitted LEDS to his SVS and thats how his were....you can check it with a continuity meter as you will only get a reading one way or the other way is by connecting across battery terminals......current can only flow one way as they are diodes..

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone thanx for the info.. i have taken a pic of the only wire thats on the back of the bike here it is opened..what connecters do i need too wire up indicators??thanx alza

dtwire.jpg

:o:blink::unsure: You really want to connect the fancy doodah indicators to that!

Dont worry about the connectors they look like they are fit for the bin, unless you are planning to be changing them all the time get the wiring routed so you are happy and solder the connections.

Connectors are good for things that need to come off from time to time for servicing, otherwise they are just to make making the bike easy. So when you have things like the connections at the rear of the bike to lights and such, get rid of the weak link and solder them up.

cheers for the info Cynic..do you think that i could solder these indy clips..so that i could use these indicators??alza

indyclips.jpg

Why bother just fit the indicators, route the wires tidy and out the way then solder them straight into the loom wires, loose the connections completely.

At the end of the day if you do need to change them in the future its only a quick snip to have them off.

You will never have any trouble with a good solder joint coverd with a bit of heat sleeving...

hi everyone i got my indicators wired up but when i select left or right indicators or hazard lights they dont flash but stay on..any ideas whats wrong..i was thinking its because i havent changed the flasher relay..what do you think??alza