TZR 50 Head Gasket Or Water Pump?? Help Please. Milky Oil

Alex92
This post is 5684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

28-09-08.jpg

Hi guys, i have a 2005 Tzr 50 (in photo) and the oil that is in the gearbox is milky. I believe it to be the WaterPump seal or the head gasket, more likely the water pump.

I need some help on what to do basically. The guy i bought the bike off kindly have me £100.00 to fix the problem so i am now looking for the parts. I can get hold of a waterpump kit for 11 quid off ebay but i cant find a head gasket that will fit mine. The bike to me does not seem to be lacking power and the powerband kicks in very well and i have had 46mph out of it with somebody on the back in 3rd gear out of 6, without powerband. However when i am pulling off from a hill i need to give it quite a few revs for it to pull off and my brother who had an rs50 doesnt think this is right. Does anybody here know what the problem is likely to be, head gasket or waterpump?? thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you can find a head gasket.....then do BOTH.

The cool thing about smokers is that head gasket replacement is an absolute Piece of Cake. ;)

Sweet TZR, BTW. B)

If you can find a head gasket.....then do BOTH.

The cool thing about smokers is that head gasket replacement is an absolute Piece of Cake. ;)

Sweet TZR, BTW. B)

Hehe thanks i like i too :P

I havent had the chance to check the oil, but on the way back from getting the bike the bloke rang me and told me his son drained the oil and it was milky and so he would give me 100 quid to fix it, which he has. Would changing the head be something easy to do for me as i havent done it before, but i have been inside 4 stroke engines and they p*ss me right off!

I will have to take off the fairing and have a look at the oil after running it for 20 minutes or so and maybe it wont be that bad. If it is bad then i will just save myself some cashola and do the whole thing myself as im sure 2 stroke heads are just 4 bolts and then woop there off. I would hate after all this to find out that it was just condensation though!

Sorry mate if you have milky oil in the gearbox then it wont be the cyl head. It is just a water jacket around the head and barrel nowhere for the gearbox oil to get mixed with the coolant like a 4stroke.

It will be the water pump, i had a 350 that did the same filled the box with orrible 'monkey sp#nk' as was the popular dicription at the time and if it gets that bad its lots of meths and patientce to get the bl##dy stuff out.

You may get away with an oil change if it was just a bit milky from condensation in the oil from stop start use, but that is prob a bit on the optomistic side.

Sorry mate if you have milky oil in the gearbox then it wont be the cyl head. It is just a water jacket around the head and barrel nowhere for the gearbox oil to get mixed with the coolant like a 4stroke.

It will be the water pump, i had a 350 that did the same filled the box with orrible 'monkey sp#nk' as was the popular dicription at the time and if it gets that bad its lots of meths and patientce to get the bl##dy stuff out.

You may get away with an oil change if it was just a bit milky from condensation in the oil from stop start use, but that is prob a bit on the optomistic side.

yep water pump seal,deffo, like he siad,water jacket is no where near the box, as for rs50,well sorry to tell ya mate,you'll never catch that !!! dont get pump kit off ebay bud, they just dont last, gen yam will be a bit dearer but it will fit properly & last longer, i have loads of youngsters bring their bikes to me to fit a new seal kit saying they had a go at it with ebay crap thinking its them not fitting it correctly Parsley ps your bike looks rite nice

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online