A rather cold XT...

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5712 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A few folk have asked for some pictures of my recent trip around Europe. To be honest, without a good few words around most of them they're pretty borning, here's a couple of my trusted steed in three different corners of Europe:

P9020075.JPG

This one was taken just south of the Arctic Circle in August, you can still see the frost from the night before, it was a cold ride south that day.....

P9100106.JPG

And in the mountains of northern Greece, I think this was about 1500 meters above sea level, it was a spectacular ride over some demanding roads - never seen such tight switchbacks with a 5 meter rise in the corner. mad!

P9130118.JPG

Some daft bugger, looking forward to riding from Portugal to Amsterdam in under 26 hours. It was a long way, and I wouldn't advise anyone to take on such a ride, buggered me for a about a week afterwards.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking good Darren, some serious luggage boxes there, drop that bike and its the road that will need repair :lol: bet the best equip was the add on Gel seat though, and the little noz bottle for that extra BOoosST

Cheers fella,

I did drop the bike, in Sweden, got really bored with the looonnnnngggggggg roads, so I bailed out and used the gravel tracks that run alongside, took a wrong turn and Ccccrrrrrunnchh, bike went down - fully loaded :wub: Picked her up and inspected the damage (was doingsome footage for the tely too at the time so the bit before and the aftermath are on film!, sadly not the fall....

The damange - small scuff on the pannier, small scuff on the righ hand hand guard. I am really impressed with the hand guards on these, serious piece of kit.

The Gel seat is actually an AirHawk - I've tried Gel and to be honest the AirHawk is way way superior, but a bit on the expensive side (circa £100), and yep, I think this was the best add on, after the rider of course!!!!