Might the sun explode if i use the wrong battery?

Beartrappershat
This post is 5699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It seems my battery is a little on the buggered side of functional. I do however have one for a honda cm 250 somewhere. If i put it in my yam sr 125 will it work, or will i break something? (This per-supposes it will fit in the hole which i havent checked yet, cos i dont know if its worth the trouble of finding it).

Grateful for any advice, Beartrapper.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It seems my battery is a little on the buggered side of functional. I do however have one for a honda cm 250 somewhere. If i put it in my yam sr 125 will it work, or will i break something? (This per-supposes it will fit in the hole which i havent checked yet, cos i dont know if its worth the trouble of finding it).

Grateful for any advice, Beartrapper.

Your bike will explode with all that extra power.

Not really! Just make sure that you connect it the right way round and that the terminals are not touching anything. Ensure that the battery is clean and secure.

Your bike will explode with all that extra power.

Not really! Just make sure that you connect it the right way round and that the terminals are not touching anything. Ensure that the battery is clean and secure.

Thanks for replying so quick. I will dig it out and get it charging. I will video the first time i turn it over so if it does explode i can post it on you tube for your amusement.

Thanks again, Beartrapper.

Thanks for replying so quick. I will dig it out and get it charging. I will video the first time i turn it over so if it does explode i can post it on you tube for your amusement.

Thanks again, Beartrapper.

Bugger, Bugger, Bugger, the spares goosed too! Any one need anything from halfords while i'm there? Thanks for your help anyway. Thare wont be any explosions on You Tube afterall.

Bugger, Bugger, Bugger, the spares goosed too! Any one need anything from halfords while i'm there? Thanks for your help anyway. Thare wont be any explosions on You Tube afterall.

Any lead/acid battery not maintained pretty close to full charge while being charged WILL be dead in a very short time. The exception is the initial dry charge they are shipped with, but that can never be redone AFAIK (unless maybe you can drain the electrolyte from a fully charged battery so it's dry and then replace it with fresh later, but I'm not sure if that would work).

Any lead/acid battery not maintained pretty close to full charge while being charged WILL be dead in a very short time. The exception is the initial dry charge they are shipped with, but that can never be redone AFAIK (unless maybe you can drain the electrolyte from a fully charged battery so it's dry and then replace it with fresh later, but I'm not sure if that would work).

I had to accept defeat and get a new battery anyway, (Boo). But now my little bus is running like a dream, (Yipee). So now i'm just an MOT from happiness. Still now cool explosions for you tube though, so i'll get my cat to do something silly instead.

Thanks again all.

Any one need anything from halfords while i'm there?

I could do with some paint for the Pickup Rotor Cover on my Fazer, sort of a silver colour (color for the 'mericans) - just the one tin....

I used to go through batteries on piece, invested in an Optimate, now I just give each bike a few days on it then move to the next. Never needed a battery for ages!

I could do with some paint for the Pickup Rotor Cover on my Fazer, sort of a silver colour (color for the 'mericans) - just the one tin....

I used to go through batteries on piece, invested in an Optimate, now I just give each bike a few days on it then move to the next. Never needed a battery for ages!

Yep, keep it charged all the time and it will last a long time, since the two killers of batteries are overcharging and running them down.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online