Scottoiler Mk7

nickm
This post is 5712 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am going to fit the scottoiler on my S2. has anyone fitted one on their bike?

I've put these on nearly all the bikes I've had, about to fit one to the Fazer I've just added to my collection. When you get it fitted take a bit of time to get the flow rate right, one drop every 30 - 40 seconds is about right, but you can get away with as little as 1 every 60 seconds if you're on dry clean roads.

Most complaints come from incorrect setting, too much oil gets on the tyres, too little and it doesn't give you any chain life. You are looking for a nice lubricated chain with as little on the tyres as possible - although by it's very nature you will get some.

My XT660Z has one fitted, 9000 miles, no chain adjustment and its still perfect. I had a Varadero with 20,000 miles, original chain and still loads of adjustment left on it (before I sold it anyway!)

^^^ Everything that man says ^^^

In addition, make sure you keep an eye on the reservoir. How many rusty chains have I seen beacuse people assume the reservoir is self-filling? D'oh! Fit the reservoir bottle somewhere discreet but not so discreet that it's invisible or impossible to access. Make sure it's fitted the right way, that is, so gravity allows flow (unlike my original TDM.....) and make sure you can get to it easily enough to be able to refill it.

Dunno about the mark 7. Had one on my GSX for the last 10years and got 20000miles out of the original c+s. Bloody marvelous things SRJ999 has it right keep it full and get it set right and you are laughing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online