Dial lights not working

wild foamy
This post is 5710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone,

i started my bike up just now to check the charge going to the battery (which is probably a dud) and everything operates as it should, high/low beam, indicators e.t.c but my neutral and turn signal light on the clock dont seem to work. ive tried operating the signals and revving the engine to get a bit more current going to the lights but not even that works

the indicators themselves work fine, so what could be causing the lights to not work? (despite the fact they were working a few days ago)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Instrument Bulbs could have blown.

Connections or wires between them and the sensors could have gone.

Sensors themselves could have gone.

Anything could have gotten clogged with dirt and disrupted the connections.

I would check the whole circuit, in teh order that I thought of it above.

REMEMBER - Always replace the cheapest part first!!!

I hate electrical stuff, so sincerely - Good Luck mate!!

well i changed my front sprocket today and discovered the screw that holds the wire onto the switch housing had become loose, i tightened it up and used a little bit of loctite and low and behold i now have a neutral light :).

as for the turn signals no such luck, anyone know how to get the dials off to check the bulb hasnt gone pop?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online