Got me knee down!

davec105
This post is 7313 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice scuff on the leathers...something to brag about that dave :wink:

Indeed!....REAL leathers don't have any character until they've been scuffed :wink: 8)

Indeed!....REAL leathers don't have any character until they've been scuffed :wink:  8)

lol ive been down the road in mine then got run over by a van comming the other way that decided to get the right hand leg of my leathers stuck underneath. got some nice scrapes and a good rip in the leg :roll: :shock:

• Admin

My leathers look pretty fecked :shock: But they are twice as good now as they are covered in extra leather patches :lol: Never came off on the road though, touch wood !

Can still remember getting me knee down first time, i was trying so hard to put my knee down and just couldnt do it, but as soon as i just tried to go fast it goes down easy, weird that :roll:

Me ripping up tarmac on my local test route :wink:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alexasigno/medown.jpg

I don't ride any where near fast enough to get my knee down without trying.

I get my left knee down fine, but its the right one I struggle with (can still get it down if I hang off enough). I always have a chicken strip on the right side of my rear tyre, but none on the left. I think I am conscious of turning in to far on right handers and maybe straying into the opposite lane.

Put some shumagic on (black boot polish), and good as new. My leathers are a RST Dark all black, so black polish works ok.

Its funny that, i can get my right knee down as often as i want but not my left, it just never feels right for some reason......

• Admin

Yeah i dont like getting my left knee down as im worried that i might crash into oncoming traffic :shock:

i feel more confident leaning the bike right over on left handers. have got the pegs down quite alot going left but only once/twice right, strange that

Interesting, this Left vs. Right thing aa_3.gif........I feel pretty confident in both directions, but Lefties are bit more confidence inspiring for some reason :? .......1 factor that possibly comes into play here is the gyroscopic effect of the drive chain being on the left of most of our bikes......& then again, there's the Shaft Drive weirdness that's all it's own :dunno

In my youth (single), I used to always own rear wheel drive cars, and I also felt more confident power sliding left, same on Moto X bikes.

Then again, all my mates used to say I rode my skateboard wrong. I used to push with my left foot, with my right to the rear of the board, then swivel, and put my left to the front! :shock:

im around the same, a bit more right, but thats only because i obey the law and go knee down...ok well almost knee down around round a bouts right. thing is, ive never been taught to get my knee down, so i dont posistion my self like the racers. i just lean and ive been told my (unprotected) knee is about 5cm from the floor :D i just dont want it to touch and watch my kneecap go flying :/

I have found that my new leathers have different velco patch position to othes and it tends to hit half my slider and my knee! :cry:

So I have moved the slider and used a nice roll of black gaffa tape!

6 hour endurance race really messes your leathers up! :roll:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online