Charging Battery

ShoKz
This post is 5720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok i got my Hornet last night and the battery went flat

it doesnt need a new one i no that. My neigbour gave me a charging unit that you just plug in to the wall and hook it up

to the battery. I am not good with this area. so just wondering stuff like

how long does it take

does the bike need to be on etc, any advice you can offer would be superb!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Exupnutta

Hi ShoKz,

How powerful is the charger in Amps?

How much capacity does the battery have Ah (Amp hours)?

You must take the tops off, DON'T leave the bike on.

You should also disconnect the battery.

Any doubts give me a call :)

Olli

is disconnecting the battery hard lol ?

i will just disconnect it and charge it and should be fine

Hi ShoKz,

How powerful is the charger in Amps?

How much capacity does the battery have Ah (Amp hours)?

You must take the tops off, DON'T leave the bike on.

You should also disconnect the battery.

Any doubts give me a call :)

Olli

Have to disagree with you there Olli, nobody takes the tops off to charge the battery, Only to top up the electrolyte, Not necessary as the battery is vented.

Also no need to disconnect the battery, Just have bike switched off, make sure the charger is set to correct voltage (12v), some chargers have an led that says when fully charged, mine does

LEGEND ! thanks you old git !

how long do you recon it would need? ruffly?

LEGEND ! thanks you old git !

how long do you recon it would need? ruffly?

It doesnt matter, It takes as long as it takes, The flatter it is the longer it will take. If you really need a time I would say 8 hours. Check to see if the charger has a fully charged indicator and look out for that

Guest Exupnutta

Have to disagree with you there Olli, nobody takes the tops off to charge the battery, Only to top up the electrolyte, Not necessary as the battery is vented.

Also no need to disconnect the battery, Just have bike switched off, make sure the charger is set to correct voltage (12v), some chargers have an led that says when fully charged, mine does

Didn't know it was vented mate, coz if it isn't... have you seen a battery explode? :blink:

It ain't a pretty sight :unsure:

Only trying to help :cry2::lol:

Unless it is an Automatic charger you will need to time it.

you both helped!

DSC00167.jpg

charging nicely

its a 12 volt one anyway

DSC00169.jpg

Its a good charger that one, similar to mine but mine will do both 6v and 12v, I think the light with the tick will light when its full charged, bike looks nice, what do you think , have you rode it or was it delivered?....So you gonna leave us then and join the Honda forumthatsgay.gif:lol:

hell no, i love this place, i got it becuase it was a freind of mines and he is giving me a good deal on it.

i am only a student at the moment remember, but yamaha is my choice of bike so i will be buying a r6 next year once my insurance goes down abit !

i used a trailer ;)

hell no, i love this place, i got it becuase it was a freind of mines and he is giving me a good deal on it.

i am only a student at the moment remember, but yamaha is my choice of bike so i will be buying a r6 next year once my insurance goes down abit !

i rode it home, it was in the town next to me and the only way to get it home, wont be going back out until its proper legal.

Uninsured.....Sort it out!!! Bad boy.....

Uninsured.....Sort it out!!! Bad boy.....

shut up :lol:

the bike is charged, was done very quickly!

:o:unsure:

im now insured stage 1 of 3

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online