Alarm issues!!!

Totti
This post is 5719 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yo!

I recently got a 1999 r6, having a few issues at the moment with the datatool alarm thats on it.

When I press the buttons on the alarm fob, nothing happens. When I try turning the ignition on the alarm goes off and the bike just wont start.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Change the batteries on the fob!!

Right iv given up with trying to fix it! I want rid of it now!

Whats the best way of getting rid of it? :rolleyes:

Be vary wary of pulling wires...most alarms are integral to the wiring loom, even if you do remove it, you would probably leave your machine in a worse state. Maybe you should contact Datatool themselves, im sure your problem is nothing they havnt heard before.

Be vary wary of pulling wires...most alarms are integral to the wiring loom, even if you do remove it, you would probably leave your machine in a worse state. Maybe you should contact Datatool themselves, im sure your problem is nothing they havnt heard before.

As it's a datatool alarm, I imagine it's been fitted at the dealer, so not part of the bike loom. the only problem you'll have

is that alarms have to be disconnected the right way or they can leave your bike immobilised. best off contacting datatool themselves or here - http://www.datatool.co.uk/ and go to the support section and click on the drop down windows to get your alarm type.

The other thing worth checking is to see if your battery is flat as that caused the same fault on a bike I had fitted with an alarm.

Get an Accumen DIY fit alarm.

Don't bother with an immobiliser.

The former only exists to alert you (coz no-one else responds) if someone is fecking with the bike.

The latter just stops someone screwdrivering the lock and riding off..... a chain will do that and stop them from lifting it into a van, too!!

Get an Accumen DIY fit alarm.

Don't bother with an immobiliser.

The former only exists to alert you (coz no-one else responds) if someone is fecking with the bike.

The latter just stops someone screwdrivering the lock and riding off..... a chain will do that and stop them from lifting it into a van, too!!

That's why I didn't bother with an alarm when I bought my bike. Very rarely park in town and leave it unattended and the odd occasion it happens i always lock it with a chain and lock in the bike park when there is a substantial rail.

Rest of the time if I'm not riding it,it's locked in my garage.

Alarms are great, so long as you're nearby and they're FECKING LOUD!!!!!!

I have the advantage of possessing many medieval weapons that I can bring to bear in less than 8 seconds, should someone really want to mess with my bike.

However, I've seen/heard of too many immobilisers failing mid-ride or stranding people to trust them enough. It only lowers your insurance and costs a bomb for a decent one.

I won't go into how crap some of these 'high security' padlocks are....

Just get something like an Abloy padlock with a shrouded shackle.

Fuck the alarm - Datatool are shite anyway. I had one on my CBR400RR and it caused me no end of headaches.

get yourself one of these - aint no one gonna steal my bikes while he's here.....

DSC01021.jpg

Please note that the Canine brand of anti-theft products have a high daily maintenance cost.

Food is required to keep your Canine operational. Introductory vouchers for Pedigree Chum are included with the product.

Walking is also neccesary to maintain the maximum capability of your Canine. Tying it's leash to the back of the bike while you blast down the A4074 is not an approved Walking technique and may invalidate your warranty.

Making A Fuss is an essential maintenance procedure. Instructions included.

For those unfamiliar with Canine products, a national directory of Obedience Classes is provided to assist you with the programming of your Canine anti-theft product.

Installation of a Canine anti-theft product may result in your motorcycle picking up a heavy, urine-like scent. It is the authentic Canine marker, similar to the holographic Datatool stickers.

Thank-you for buying a Canine anti-theft product!!

Please note that the Canine brand of anti-theft products have a high daily maintenance cost.

Food is required to keep your Canine operational. Introductory vouchers for Pedigree Chum are included with the product.

Walking is also neccesary to maintain the maximum capability of your Canine. Tying it's leash to the back of the bike while you blast down the A4074 is not an approved Walking technique and may invalidate your warranty.

Making A Fuss is an essential maintenance procedure. Instructions included.

For those unfamiliar with Canine products, a national directory of Obedience Classes is provided to assist you with the programming of your Canine anti-theft product.

Installation of a Canine anti-theft product may result in your motorcycle picking up a heavy, urine-like scent. It is the authentic Canine marker, similar to the holographic Datatool stickers.

Thank-you for buying a Canine anti-theft product!!

lol.gif CLASS!

Although My dog would turn his nose up at Pedigree Chum - he eats a raw diet - and its cheap too!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online