spray job, how to make it shine?

2enjoi2
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my paintwork doesnt feel smooth and shine like it did b4 i sprayed it. im pretty sure ive done it right. is there some sort of after treatment you need to give it? if so when and how, with what from where? <_<

cheers

david

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After its hardened off properly, T-Cut it for a good shine

RFender_3.jpg

how long should i wait, should i ride it untill then? will it damage the paint?

Dont know what youve done when you did it and what with, Can you fill us in, theres too many blanks at the moment

i used halfords. two coats of primer, three coats of black, then three coats of laqur. i used 600 and 1200 sandpaper inbetween coats and did a wet/dry rubdown before hand. thats about it.

cheers

david

Ok David, sounds about right, as long as its had around 4 days to harden off properly, Use T Cut on a damp cotton cloth, press gently with two fingers and use small circular strokes, polish off and inspect then repeat, Just do a section at a time, believe me its worth the effort, Dont be too vigorous and look out for signs of overdoing it, which will be signs of black paint on your cloth

can i put the stickers ive bought on the bike now and then give it another coat of laqur. then wait till that hardens, then polish? or is it best to put stickers on after? if i do the first option will i need to sand the whole bike down again to add another coat?

can i put the stickers ive bought on the bike now and then give it another coat of laqur. then wait till that hardens, then polish? or is it best to put stickers on after? if i do the first option will i need to sand the whole bike down again to add another coat?

I did this, put decals on then laquer after , then leave to harden, as has been said, in this cool weather maybe a week would be better, T Cut last if necessary...Dont forget, use petrol proof laquer on tank!!

DT175MXSide-panels.jpg

When laquering over decals, give it a couple of very light coats first, if you try to put thick coats on, the laquer will probably lift the edges of the decals.

The lighter coats will seal the edges of the decals, preventing the laquer getting underneath.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online