Trouble with dtr blinkers

visargo
This post is 5720 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im quite new to the owners club ,i need help with the blinkers on my Dtr i changed the standard ones for some smaller indicaters but now my hazard warning switch dont work .when i switch it on all the lights flash once and go off and the light on the instrement panel stays on and i have to turn off the ignition and back on again before the light will go off . Has anyone else had this happen and how can i sort it please....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I suggest you try putting the old blinkers back on and see if you get the same problem.... If so you have unpluged or knocked out the wrong cable..

Dan

I have tryed putting the old ones back on and the hazards work again .Then i put the new ones back on and wired them oposit to how i wired them the first time but still the same .I think it could be a relay that needs changing but i just dont know

I suggest you try putting the old blinkers back on and see if you get the same problem.... If so you have unpluged or knocked out the wrong cable..

Dan

I have tryed putting the old ones back on and the hazards work again .Then i put the new ones back on and wired them oposit to how i wired them the first time but still the same .I think it could be a relay that needs changing but i just dont know

Sounds like an earth problem to me

Regards Jim

Are the new ones filament bulbs or led's?

Hi There,

forgot those newfangled things as I'm 'living in the past' they dont exist !!!! but I would guess that a led set up would need a different flasher can

Regards Jim

If they are LED's there are a couple of ways around it rather than change the flasher unit. It's the difference in resistance that effects the unit so you could wire a resistor in line with each indicator or what has worked for me is to wire a small bulb in under the rear body work in line with the indicators.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online