Am i stupid?

Jamie#9
This post is 5624 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys im just wondering of your opinion, i have an xt125x 2008 model and im thinking of trading it for a yamaha yzf r 125? am i stupid in making this decision!

tks a mill

Jamie

Are you stupid? In what respect. There are loads of people here willing to help but we need a more detailed question. What are using the bike for, how old is it, why are you thinking of trading it in, how old are you?

The list goes on.

Comment back and I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

Are you stupid? In what respect. There are loads of people here willing to help but we need a more detailed question. What are using the bike for, how old is it, why are you thinking of trading it in, how old are you?

The list goes on.

Comment back and I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

im 17 i drive a xt125x brand new, and im thinking of trading it for a brand new yzfr125? do you's think it would be a good decision?

tks for the advice yamaha newbe

Jamie

hi guys im just wondering of your opinion, i have an xt125x 2008 model and im thinking of trading it for a yamaha yzf r 125? am i stupid in making this decision!

tks a mill

Jamie

The only person that can answer that question is you! Think 1st what do want the bike for, then decide. Also try the seating positions & work out which is the most comfortable, i know a lot of people that ride particular bikes for street cred rather than comfort & handling & then turn round & complain about the bikes like crazy. If you do like them then YES you'd be stupid!

Dude you'd be stupid not to piss the farm bike off! :D I had a bike like yours but now I've got a bike like mine... and I'd love to share the stoke. YZ's are little rockets and don't let anyone talk you out of one. Who cares if you're comfortable, are you having fun? If you really want it, get it - or you'll be dreaming of it and chasing me forever....

• 3 months later...

tks a mill

Jamie

Geday Mate,

It depends on what you intend on doing with bikes in the future. You may have every intention of stepping up to a 400 or 600 as soon as you can. Depending on your experience and finances you may be better to ride what you have until a major step up in size. We all Know that, generally speaking, every time you up grade you lose money.

Having said that, I'm keeping my k6 1000 and Blackbird and when the yzfr125 comes to Australia, I'm buying one. I reckon they would be great fun. No matter what bike your on it is up to you to enjoy the ride. Faster is not always better.

Best wishes mate!

im 17 i drive a xt125x brand new, and im thinking of trading it for a brand new yzfr125? do you's think it would be a good decision?

tks for the advice yamaha newbe

Jamie

I've ridden around Ireland, on a VFR800 and a Varadero. To be honest the roads over there don't suit a sportsbike over the dual sports bikes. On the narrow twisty, gravel & pott-hole'd roads the XT is a far better bike than the R. Don't get me wrong the R is a fine looking bike, nothing like a 125, and possibly the best looking 125 on the market today - I can see why you are tempted.

Not sure of the regulations for riding bikes there, but how long before you can move up to a bigger machine? you might be better off using the cash you have to get a full licence (Not sure if you've got one or not from the post - sorry), that way you'll have bigger scope to choose from.

Remember advice you get is from different riders, with different views, riding in different countries with different roads. It's only advice, you can listen - then make up your own mind.

If you really want one, get it - it's your money, and either way you'll increase your experience. You might hate it, but it's better to regret something you have done, rather than something you haven't.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online