Help me get my 08 tzr 50

Alex92
This post is 5726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, as im sure you all know i am new to this website and i would like you guys to share some of ur wisdom with me. Well my problem is that i have £2400 lying in my pocket and i would like to buy a Yamaha tzr 50 and not some shi%^ty rs50 or s.s.s.scooter :lol:

I would like to ride to places in style like you guys and not like these ch^vs on peds :angry:

I have found a place that sell new tzr 50's for 2000 which i think is very good, considering an rs50 new is £2600.

I would by one today but my mom is giving me the talk about how somebody else should suffer the depreciation and not me, but the truth is i want a bike that somebody hasnt thrashed or scratched and i can only find that on ebay. In a year and a half i dont think i would loose too much because a scratched tzr50 2004 is selling for £1100 and im not likely to ruin mine as i love motorbikes and i recently gave up motocross.

Basically could somebody please jus give me so reasons why i should get a New TZR insted of an 04 one and say some words on the depreciation please (earliest from 08) because my mom would like so professional advice from you guys.

Thanks alot

Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, as im sure you all know i am new to this website and i would like you guys to share some of ur wisdom with me. Well my problem is that i have £2400 lying in my pocket and i would like to buy a Yamaha tzr 50 and not some shi%^ty rs50 or s.s.s.scooter :lol:

I would like to ride to places in style like you guys and not like these ch^vs on peds :angry:

I have found a place that sell new tzr 50's for 2000 which i think is very good, considering an rs50 new is £2600.

I would by one today but my mom is giving me the talk about how somebody else should suffer the depreciation and not me, but the truth is i want a bike that somebody hasnt thrashed or scratched and i can only find that on ebay. In a year and a half i dont think i would loose too much because a scratched tzr50 2004 is selling for £1100 and im not likely to ruin mine as i love motorbikes and i recently gave up motocross.

Basically could somebody please jus give me so reasons why i should get a New TZR insted of an 04 one and say some words on the depreciation please (earliest from 08) because my mom would like so professional advice from you guys.

Thanks alot

Alex

The key factor here is how long you intend to keep it - my guess is you will want a 125 in around a year? If you are gonna keep it for years and years (unlikely) maybe new is ok. but your mum is right. I think why not spend 600 of your budget and keep the rest for when you are 17. A lot of peeps have the new yzf125 on here maybe you will be able to buy new or secondhand in a year?

no offence mate, but the Yamaha tzr 50 will sound just as shit as a moped, so as has been said, why dont you just spend 600 quid and get a moped, save the rest till you can get a proper bike :)

The key factor here is how long you intend to keep it - my guess is you will want a 125 in around a year? If you are gonna keep it for years and years (unlikely) maybe new is ok. but your mum is right. I think why not spend 600 of your budget and keep the rest for when you are 17. A lot of peeps have the new yzf125 on here maybe you will be able to buy new or secondhand in a year?

Well i would like to get a 125 or something bigger in a years time but my cousin lost his arm on a gsxr 750 and my mom and the rest of my family dont even want me to get a 50cc but i have pursuaded them. But they are not likely to let me have a bigger engine.

I do have 7000 in an account so far and my mom will give me some money to buy the best car i can, so really money next year isnt an issue. And we already have 2 cars we dont use, a newish polo ( to learn in) and a y reg mini so to be honest i would probly keep it, coming on 2 years.

I just dont want a second hand 50cc because these are all 16 year olds bikes who the majority dont know how an engine works or how to ride them and i dont know the history of them.

So with that in mind do you think i should get a new one???

Thanks guys

no offence mate, but the Yamaha tzr 50 will sound just as shit as a moped, so as has been said, why dont you just spend 600 quid and get a moped, save the rest till you can get a proper bike :)

Ye i do hate the sound of mopeds but they look to dangerous and too gay for me. Having done motocross i couldnt possibly get a twist and go. having a constant buzz, hate it! With the tzr i would derestrict it obviously and put a new arrow exhaust on and bigger carb and reeds so it doesnt sound so bad and then when im 17 get an 80cc big bore kit on maybe.

With the tzr i would derestrict it obviously and put a new arrow exhaust on and bigger carb and reeds so it doesnt sound so bad and then when im 17 get an 80cc big bore kit on maybe.

Modding the TZR 50 isn't going to make it sound any better. At the end of the day it's probably just going to make it more noisy, more unreliable and remember as soon as you've modded it you have no insurance. You could get away with taking the restrictor washer out of the stock exhaust but anything else is too risky IMO.

In addition, the Arrow exhaust isn't going to make much difference, they are around £170 and for that it's just going to sound more 'tinny' and the performance wouldn't be worth it. It's just going to attract more attention from the police; and if they are suspicious they will pull you over. Lets face it, who buys a 'performance sports' exhaust and keeps the restrictor in? Nobody! They know that, they aren't that stupid.

It's your choice, if you want a new one, get it. Nobody knows your financial situation so if you can afford to loose a few hundred quid+; go for it! You could buy a second hand one however I've seen a few for around the £1,000 mark and some more, some less and if they go wrong you may need a engine rebuild etc so you may end up paying loads just to get it road worthy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online