Another newbie lol

danny4646
This post is 5738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, im danny,16, 17 in september, i have a apprentiship with renault as a hgv mechanic,

Atm i ride a peugeot speedfight 2 (dont flame me too much lol) but looking at a dt125x later on today,

I have heard that dt's have pretty much bullit proof engine's, but have you got and tips of look out for when buying one? cheers danny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, im danny,16, 17 in september, i have a apprentiship with renault as a hgv mechanic,

Atm i ride a peugeot speedfight 2 (dont flame me too much lol) but looking at a dt125x later on today,

I have heard that dt's have pretty much bullit proof engine's, but have you got and tips of look out for when buying one? cheers danny

:welcome: to the forum matey. Good luck with your DT viewing. Dont know much about DTs, but i guess its like every bike. Fork seals, good running engine and box, rear shock, make sure theres no play in the bars, tyres, condition of the exhaust.

Others on here will give you a better idea of any weaknesses of the DT.

Just bought one, black and silver, 4500 miles, 05 plate, totally standard, £2500 from cmc chesterfeild, with life time warranty, getting delivered free too, so ill get some pics up when it comes on thursday :D

Just bought one, black and silver, 4500 miles, 05 plate, totally standard, £2500 from cmc chesterfeild, with life time warranty, getting delivered free too, so ill get some pics up when it comes on thursday :D

Well done matey. Get her insured and make sure its locked up. Take it easy on your debut run out. Lifetime warranty.....unusuall....lets hope you dont need it!!

Enjoy ;)

Just bin reading about de-restricting it, ask them at the shop, and quoted around £300-£400 to de-restrict it :o

Can any one tell me how to derestrict it? i have read about the power valve, and the air filter snorzzle? is there any others? and how do you acctually de-restrict them? cheers in a advanced :D

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Just bin reading about de-restricting it, ask them at the shop, and quoted around £300-£400 to de-restrict it :o

Can any one tell me how to derestrict it? i have read about the power valve, and the air filter snorzzle? is there any others? and how do you acctually de-restrict them? cheers in a advanced :D

Welcome to the forum Kid. I aint got a clue about the DT but hey your a Nottingham lad so thats all good! Shame you went to CMC but thats another story lol

Are they bad or sommert? just wanted to go from a dealer, no offence to any one, but most 125's have been abuseed by teens, so wanted a decent one, with warranty etc, but aint getting it de-restricted there, as £300-£400 seems expensive lol,

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Are they bad or sommert? just wanted to go from a dealer, no offence to any one, but most 125's have been abuseed by teens, so wanted a decent one, with warranty etc, but aint getting it de-restricted there, as £300-£400 seems expensive lol,

I PMed you

welcome to the forum mate!

Geoff were is my pm :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online