Hi Everyone, thought I would say hello, and have a question

SwissDTR125
This post is 7311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I have currently, just been given a 1990 DTR125, its originally from Switzerland, it was purchased by a friend of mine when we were working out there back in 1998, and since bringing it back on a trailer in 1999, its never been used. Its been stored in a garage for the last 5 years due to work commitments overseas.

Anyway, back to the bike. I have a friend who has got the bike up and running, and tells me I have been given a great bike. I have ordered a new air filter for it, and need to get a new battery.

What is the going price for a new battery.? The bike has the push start. (sorry if all 125's have this, im not too up on bikes at the minute).

I have been quoted £35 for a battery, and think thats a little steep.

I have been quoted £17.50 for the air filter too. Is that about right.?

Heres a picture of my bike as it stands at the moment. I firstly need to get it registered here in the UK, and get plates for it. I have been told that I should expect to pay around £100 for this.?

mydtr125.jpg

Many thanks for reading my first post here on Yamaha Club, and hope I will enjoy my stay here, and get the help and guidance Im looking for regarding my new toy/bike.

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I couldn't find the edit option on my thread, so I'll post what I was going to add to my original post here.

I forgot to mention that my bike has done 23495 kilomiters. Is that a good, low mileage for this type of bike.?

Thanks in advance

Mike

hi and welcome to the forum mate, will look forward to hearing about you and your dtr 8) unmutual has posted the links so that's taken care of :wink: and them miles on it aint too bad at all.

p.s.....unmutual......swiss tony :lol::lol::lol: 'making posts on this forum is very much like making love to a beautiful woman, you must find the correct buttons to push and make your entry, ensuring that you are in the appropriate section' :lol:

:hi to the Forum Swiss :wink:

Looks like you've gotta Sweet DTR there 8) ........can't beat the price! :wink: :D

Cheers guys. 8)

Can anyone shed some light on my questions please.?

How much should I expect to pay for a replacement battery, and filter, and which part numbers do i need if anyone can help.?

Many thanks

Mike

not that i have been here for long but welcome anyway ! fellow DT dude! :D

DT's are excellent! congrats.

20 k mileage...wonder if its had an engine rebuild yet..?

its a 1990 so you have the old CDI in it wooohoooo fast

there might be some carbon build up in your exhaust port sorta thing i remember it happened to me really does choke up the engine....and makes it a bugga to start... :shock:

hang one....push start.....is that...a.. leccy start??????

:shock: if you have that you are a lucky man indeed.

yeah clean it or buy new one they need a clean every 10 k from my experience but i might be wrong.

DT's always smoke when starting up mine is a bugger and the neighbours hate me ! :lol:

as long as it stops smoking when its warmed up...

but if you want to spoil yourself get a DEP full system lets the engine breathe a helluva lot more but not sure you might need to rejet=i didnt for some reason as mines an import.you might be so lucky too... :roll:

Thanks for that, I will look into it. Im going to collect the new battery, and filter this afternoon :D Will try cleaning the exhaust first to see if it makes any difference. Any advise on what i should use to clean the carbon out with.?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

caustic soda. put a bung in the end of the pipe, pour caustic soda down into it, leave overnight, robert's your mothers brother :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice 1 Alan, I will give that a go.

Incidently, you don't know if theres a parts CD avaliable for the DTR125.? I have just bought a Haynes manual off eBay, but would like to know what all the part numbers are etc on my bike, and be able to search etc on my PC etc. Would be very handy.

Micky :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online