i need a new exhaust

Biker Bird
This post is 5732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody my yamaha tw 125 needs a new exhaust any ideas on where i can get one and roughly how much? My garage said about £150 and it may take a while as my bike's an import, so i thought i'd ask on here coz you all know your stuff :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there ebay obviously, or try bikebreakers.info

£150 doesnt sound to bad tbh, akrapovic to an aftermarket system, but you will be looking at like 3 times the price of the stock exhaust, and i honestly dont think it will be worth it.

It might be more expensive than i thought my garage looked at my exhaust and said it is in a bad state,i also need a new chain and new exhaust for it to pass its mot and its going to cost me £400 in total inc mot and labour, seems a bit steep!

chain and sprocket set for £35.25 here... http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn?oid=2147683

cant find an exhaust online apart from the povic which is £400. if i was you id get the stock one for £150 and change it yourself.

or try another garage in the area.

Is it a 1 or 2 part exhaust - if so is it only on part that has 'gone'? that might help you a bit on cost - but fleabay or bikebreakers are good bets unless you can get it repaired.

Good luck

:rolleyes:

Thanks guys great help, its a one part,i knew it was knackered as it was starting to sound like a boy race's car exhaust! bikebreakers is great! got one ordered i just hope its ok but the chap sounded genuine so we'll see....

• 2 weeks later...

well good luck with it, let us know what happends B)

Got my bike back yest,really pleased! cost £220 altogether,def worth shopping around yourself,saved me £200 so thanks! :lol:

Got my bike back yest,really pleased! cost £220 altogether,def worth shopping around yourself,saved me £200 so thanks! :lol:

nice one! Glad to hear you got it sorted :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online