FZIN 2008 Top Speed

MEAN 1
This post is 5696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i purchased a new 2008 FZ1N last week , i havent had the chance to ride it much . once run in , i'll run it through its paces . but my question is , what top speed are other members getting out of theirs ? hows their overall performance ? i'd certainly hope it can reach 260kph ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i purchased a new 2008 FZ1N last week , i havent had the chance to ride it much . once run in , i'll run it through its paces . but my question is , what top speed are other members getting out of theirs ? hows their overall performance ? i'd certainly hope it can reach 260kph ?

Hi Mate,Im riding a 2008 FZ1 and have seen 155mph on the speedo- not sure what this equates to in KMH but hope this helps,ps you really need to hug the tank at those kinds of speeds!!!!!!!

Hi guys, check out this months "BIKE" mag, full tests on the latest naked's including my awsome FZ1 N. They tested it at full chat, and reached 159 MPH, 130 bhp and said it has the best sounding standard pipe and engine of any bike they have tested. :)

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

^^

150mph on your FZ6 , now thats impressive ..

Check out my Pics in the gallery Titles My FZ6 Fazer S2 and u will see I ant a small lad.

the performance is all standerd. but there have been storys of them doing 158 but i cnt how as it was close to the redline

ive dropped mine 1tooth at da front so i don't know exactly how fast but iv'e had it reading 174mph at da redline (nearly rattled mi teeth out and im not likely to do it again!!!!!!!)

• 1 month later...

This gives a clue.......

ref above Bike mags 130 bhp? Yamaha say 148bhp who's right? What was the 0-60 figure?

Guest Exupnutta

This gives a clue.......

ref above Bike mags 130 bhp? Yamaha say 148bhp who's right? What was the 0-60 figure?

Bike mags usually refer to wheel horse power, i.e @ the back wheel 130bhp (as per a dyno run).

Yamaha's figure would be crank horse power and therefore higher... i guess the 18bhp gets lost in the gearbox and drivetrain :(

FZ1 on a timed run was 159 mph, that's 254.4 Kph. That is without mph clock inaccuracy of 10%.

If you want to know what horse power you have at the back wheel then divide the manufacturers output figure by 15% and you will be very close to the truth.

Guest Exupnutta

anybody think that a FZ6 can reach the 200 mph mark???

Yeah, with a turbo or NOS maybe :lol:

You could try altering the gearing and fit a really small rear sprocket, but I think you'll find it won't have much guts at low speed :unsure:

Yeah, with a turbo or NOS maybe :lol:

You could try altering the gearing and fit a really small rear sprocket, but I think you'll find it won't have much guts at low speed :unsure:

as long as i can pop it up that's all i really care about. i want to reach it. if not on my FZ6 then i'll do it when i get a R1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online