Fuel Additives --- should I, shouldn't I...

TheSaffer
This post is 5767 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I would like to know which brand / type of fuel additive you would recommend.

It's a 2003 R1 and has done about 16700 miles now and I think it's time to clear her throat.

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would like to know which brand / type of fuel additive you would recommend.

It's a 2003 R1 and has done about 16700 miles now and I think it's time to clear her throat.

Thanks.

NONE!!!

A good service (Change Oil, filters and plugs), some high octane unleaded( The really expensive one) from the pumps should be fine. Shes not even run in yet. ;)

I use Redex in my Bandit 400 - but she is getting on a bit lol

Ive used it in my 2004 Dragstar too and seems to clear out the crap.

;)

Wont do it any harm to be honest if you cant be arsed with a full service

NONE!!!

A good service (Change Oil, filters and plugs), some high octane unleaded( The really expensive one) from the pumps should be fine. Shes not even run in yet. ;)

On the subject of fuel (rather than additives); I put some 99 octane superplus in the TDM this week, as there was nothing else at the garage at the time. So; should I use it regularly to turn my camel into a thoroughbred, would it make no discernible difference, or would it ultimately demolish the engine?

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

On the subject of fuel (rather than additives); I put some 99 octane superplus in the TDM this week, as there was nothing else at the garage at the time. So; should I use it regularly to turn my camel into a thoroughbred, would it make no discernible difference, or would it ultimately demolish the engine?

Ypu should see a increase in mpg. i got an extra 50 when i used shell optimax in my ybr

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online