Advice

ginger0195
This post is 5793 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what bike is it my friend? are you completely completely sure you have removed all bolts etc, if so a rubber mallet on a solid thick area of the cases will help shock the cases apart

what bike is it my friend? are you completely completely sure you have removed all bolts etc, if so a rubber mallet on a solid thick area of the cases will help shock the cases apart

first of all thanks for the reply, i hav already split the case, but i can't get them seperate and i dont want to use too much force and damage the alloy cases. I think its the tight fitting bearings that are giving me the trouble. Should i use a wooden wedge or something similar?

Adam

first of all thanks for the reply, i hav already split the case, but i can't get them seperate and i dont want to use too much force and damage the alloy cases. I think its the tight fitting bearings that are giving me the trouble. Should i use a wooden wedge or something similar?

Adam

Hi Ginger

You must not in any way lever or use a wedge between the cases the surfaces are flat and oil tight and wont like this treatment.

On old DT's in the right side crank case you will see two threaded holes, one is unused and opposite that there is a screw holding the crankcase oil seal retainer. You remove the oil seal retainer and you now have two threaded holes. You will have to make or get someone to make a puller that screws into these holes and presses down on the end of the crankshaft, take a look at this

SplittingDTcases.jpg

If you click on the view full size and then click on the image that uploads, you will be able to read the instructions

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online