One for the peeps on 125s

This post is 5798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

2 years ago, I hadnt passed my big test and I wanted to go on hols.

I was on 125s...no bother...After a joke at a bike shop I use, I decided to go to John O`Groats.

The day I was setting off, my bike got run over... :angry:

Insurance man gave me a YBR125, lovely red thing, had less than a 1000 miles on the clock and obviosly been dropped a dozen times....I serviced it before I set off.

Sldsumday1-0007HometoLochLomand1.jpg

Pic of us somewhere near Carlisle.

Sldday5-0013ContintoPoocanSmoo.jpg

Pic of some of the roads (Ahem....) we went on

Sldday5-0014Poocansmoo-Durness.jpg

Beach at Durness

Sldday7-0010ERJOGroats.jpg

JOG

10 days around Scotland, 2000 miles, best holiday Id ever had. Yam 125..never let me down, I even put a phone charger on it.

So 125 riders...just because its a little bike...dosnt mean you have to do little rides.....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:hail::hail::hail::thumb:

Terrific, you dont have to spend a lot of dosh to have a great time,

When i was 13 and 14 me and a mate went all over uk on our bicycles, youth hostelling with some panniers i made out of haversacks from tha army & navy store, we went all over from yorkshire derbyshire north and south wales, happy days

i got butterflies when i read this :) .....lisa th learner!!!!!!!!!

abit to much luggage for a ybr

it would go even slower :P

looks fun tho

abit to much luggage for a ybr

it would go even slower :P

looks fun tho

Slow....85mph full tilt, head down behind the clocks :lol: , thing is..when your touring, speed isnt whats important. Ive mates who have been to JOG and have no pictures, apart from ones of them stopped at petrol stations looking very tired, and no real memories...I remember everthing about my trip, even the names of the kind policemen who pulled me over near Loch Lomand (Because my L plate had ripped off, well I had travelled a few hundred miles that day :lol:

Good fun. It was more bulk than weight, sleeping bag and tent. Now I travel with my duvet!!!! and my sleeping bag...must be getting soft..It just used to be my Basha (Lightweight tarp to huddle under) :lol:, bivi bag and sleeping bag. :lol::lol::lol:

2 years ago, I hadnt passed my big test and I wanted to go on hols.

I was on 125s...no bother...After a joke at a bike shop I use, I decided to go to John O`Groats.

The day I was setting off, my bike got run over... :angry:

Insurance man gave me a YBR125, lovely red thing, had less than a 1000 miles on the clock and obviosly been dropped a dozen times....I serviced it before I set off.

Sldsumday1-0007HometoLochLomand1.jpg

Pic of us somewhere near Carlisle.

Sldday5-0013ContintoPoocanSmoo.jpg

Pic of some of the roads (Ahem....) we went on

Sldday5-0014Poocansmoo-Durness.jpg

Beach at Durness

Sldday7-0010ERJOGroats.jpg

JOG

10 days around Scotland, 2000 miles, best holiday Id ever had. Yam 125..never let me down, I even put a phone charger on it.

So 125 riders...just because its a little bike...dosnt mean you have to do little rides.....

Bought my little 125 dragstar from a guy in milton keenes the other sunday. drove it 176 miles home to the wirral averaging around 50 to 60 mph all the way. saw loads of countryside and beautifull villages which I'd never have seen from the motorway. the sun was out, no wind, perfect. great day out. got home to find that there was no oil in the engine at all!!!! always check your levels no matter what size your bike is.

OGRi

Bought my little 125 dragstar from a guy in milton keenes the other sunday. drove it 176 miles home to the wirral averaging around 50 to 60 mph all the way. saw loads of countryside and beautifull villages which I'd never have seen from the motorway. the sun was out, no wind, perfect. great day out. got home to find that there was no oil in the engine at all!!!! always check your levels no matter what size your bike is.

OGRi

No oil at all...Oh er...so you may be needing to flush your oil system out to get rid of all the metal bits....Hope you havnt damaged it. Do the dragstar have a oil pressure light?

Yeah,I agree with you, no matter what your bike is, check that oil. Learn to check it properly too. Some you check when the engines cold, some you check when its just starting to cool (ie letting the oil drop to the sump), whatever it is CHECK IT!!! It hurts when an engine seizes up under you, the results can be very bad, also very expensive...

OMG, this SO reminds me of 22 years ago (I was 16) when me and a friend did something similar on 50cc Tomos mopeds!!! We had about the same amount of camping gear on the back as you, and went from the Newcastle area down into Yorkshire then across to the Lakes. 800 miles, 6 days. Ah, that was fun..... full throttle and 'walking' the things up hills...... engines screaming like banshees going down them..... throttle cables snapping on BOTH bikes (design fault) which left about 1" of cable sticking out.... just enough to use a small pair of mole-grips as a throttle....lol.

Headed back from the lakes at 6pm due to running out of money..... rain ALL the way from Carlisle.... 6 hours later gets home literally soaked to the skin..... I could fill a page with the story of it all......

Do it again tomorrow it was such a laugh.... Jeez, thanks for bringing it back. Gonna have a stupid grin on my face all day now. lol. <_<

Is my memory correct that Woolworths sold these things?

I believe you may be right - I remember seeing them at Woolco's, a big wholesale type version of Woolies. I bought mine from a little pushbike shop who expanded into the erm..... motorbike market. lol. Think Argos also did them at some point too - sure I remember laughing at them in one of their catalogues. Whichever, I wish I'd waited until I had a 125 fersure. lol.

When I had my Aprillia RS 125 I had an Oxford tale pack and tank pad and went away for weekends upto the Lakes on it.

Stopped off at Devils Bridge on the way up for a brew - had a grreat time on it. Although i may of been bent double if I had'nt had regular stops :lol:

Oh and it was a pain filling up cos the tank was plastic and it took a whiletaking the tank bag off.

Dont let having a 125 put you off long journeys - go av some fun!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online