Virago 535 non starter help Please

Death
This post is 4124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all sorry to bother your goodselves but my wifes virago 535 x-reg wont start.

All advice greatly recieved as im a novice at bike repairs,

Syptoms are:

Turn on ignition and neutral Lights up,

Flip run switch and neutral light starts to pulse and a clicking is heared like the sound of audible indicator signal from right hand false airbox cover.

This is with lights turned off, if light switch put to parking position clicking and pulsing stops.

Turn Lights on and neutral light goes out but no lights.

Turn indicators on and they dont light but get a sound like a strangled horn sound building in pitch.

Thank you all for your time

all the ebst,

James

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds to me your battery is dead,take it off and trickle charge it over nite, if still no good then replace it, they have average life of two yrs,,

Thanks for the reply,

Had charged the battery first but to no avail.

Also tried another starter solonoid, no joy.

The battery if left to stand off the bike drops to 11 volts after a couple of days but then stays at that.

Does this point to fudged battery?

All the best,

James

Thats a tidy list of bikes you have on your list there.

Thanks for the reply,

Had charged the battery first but to no avail.

Also tried another starter solonoid, no joy.

The battery if left to stand off the bike drops to 11 volts after a couple of days but then stays at that.

Does this point to fudged battery?

All the best,

James

Thats a tidy list of bikes you have on your list there.

this might be completely unrelated. but the same thing happened to my renault clio- it simply wouldnt hold the charge. Replacement battery has done the trick COMPLETELY . Hope the same thing will solve your wifes bike :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all,

New battery and fired up first time, although the exhaust note is lovelly i suppose i better get the hole in the collector box filled for the mot.

Any pointers on what to use to do this i do not have any welding gear.

Canot afford new system and its only the collector box.

Thanks again and all the ebst,

james

• 4 years later...

Thank you all,

New battery and fired up first time, although the exhaust note is lovelly i suppose i better get the hole in the collector box filled for the mot.

Any pointers on what to use to do this i do not have any welding gear.

Canot afford new system and its only the collector box.

Thanks again and all the ebst,

james

You can try liquid metal to fix the hole JB weld work good but the part needs to be flat up right or it will run off befor it sets up,Speedybone part #42267 come in a paste form and can be put on in any position

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online