wind!

tigger
This post is 5828 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi tigger here

not very good on the old keyboard so bear with me

new to this as u can tell

we have a yamaha fjr 1300 which hubby is about to sell only done 600 miles

no matter wher the screen is positioned the wind buffering is bad

so bad to the point of being dangerous

and even wearing ear plugs his ears ring for days after

has anyone else had a similar problem

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How tall is he? It can sometimes be that very tall riders can benefit from an aftermarket screen. Also the make and type of helmet worn can have a big effect. Might be worth having a lend of a different make to see if it makes a difference.

How tall is he? It can sometimes be that very tall riders can benefit from an aftermarket screen. Also the make and type of helmet worn can have a big effect. Might be worth having a lend of a different make to see if it makes a difference.

thanks for suggestions

hes only 5ft 7in and we own 5 helmets between us and have tried them all

what make of helmets?? I have had a Caberg and that was horride for noise

shark agv and aerotech

it is not the helmets causing the problem cos have had several bikes and no problem

also cant change screen as it is an electric one built into fairing

on a different note has anyone else not gone to the bmf this year as the ticket price is a rip off

just cos someone was creaming off the profits we shouldnt have to pay for it : :(:tantrum:

Other than getting right down behind the screen in windy conditions i don't think theres an awful lot you can do, but whilst wracking me brains and browsing the net I found this for you though - might be useful?

FJR Screen Mod

And welcome to the forum btw ;)

have a FJR, and use a Caberg helmet, do not suffer from wind noise. although the Caberg's are known to give more wind noise. i am also getting the after market screen fitted next month.

remember each model of bike will divert the wind slighly different than another. i think it could be a helmet problem, try some of your friends helmets {as many types as possable} as i had this problem when i fitted a fairing to my 900 honda,never had it with other bikes with my helmet ,and i tried earplugs. but it was the helmet in the end.

the only problem i have with the screen is when its right up it pushes my head down , this is why im going for the 2" higher screen.