good sites for xvs650 customising / modifying

danster
This post is 5228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, ,new member here - greetings to everyone!

I'm the happy new owner of a 2001 xvs650 that i'm thinking of playing around a bit with - rear lights, bars, exhaust, maybe tacho - especially if i can find one with a clock of some sort built in!

any way, im struggling to find sites with good project pictures or before / after, pics of the parts on bikes etc, all i seem to be able to find is online catalogues really - not a lot in the way of end results as i dont know anything about how these bits will look once done.

any advice or comments welcome and appreciated, please excuse my newbie-ness - am adjusting to this world from my ninja and only 3rd week in, the future of the ninja looks like it could be in danger! am a little put off the local dealer even though they are a big name it seems (phils mall) as they seem to be grumpy so and so's without much time for people (or maybe its just me ;-) ) and battistinis just down the road seems a bit hard core for the likes of me and this bike right now

thanks in advance, sorry for the long post!

dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the site.

You must be somewhere near me if phil's is local to you! I'm in Charminster. I know what you mean, Phil's is a bit of a 'local shop for local people' if you get what I mean lol. but there are a few guys there who are friendly enough. this guys dragstar is pretty cool

http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/Custom/XVS650.html

Tells you exactly what he's put on it too which is helpfull. Other than trawling the net looking for pics all I can sugest is get down to poole quay and check out some of the xvs's down there. Don't know if you've been down there much but there's usually a fair few 1100's down there not too many 650's but a lot of the mod's are the same.

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the site.

You must be somewhere near me if phil's is local to you! I'm in Charminster. I know what you mean, Phil's is a bit of a 'local shop for local people' if you get what I mean lol. but there are a few guys there who are friendly enough. this guys dragstar is pretty cool

http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/Custom/XVS650.html

Tells you exactly what he's put on it too which is helpfull. Other than trawling the net looking for pics all I can sugest is get down to poole quay and check out some of the xvs's down there. Don't know if you've been down there much but there's usually a fair few 1100's down there not too many 650's but a lot of the mod's are the same.

Cheers bud, i am indeed - just a stones throw from the richmond arms!

They seemed alright at the shop, i just couldnt tell if it was because i seemed a young know-nothing sports bike rider or that i had gotten him down to £2200 from £2400 that put phil in a mood ;-)

nice pic, thanks - bit of a shame so many parts are listed as "custom" but it gives me some good ideas, thats the style i want to go for, maybe a bit less chrome and more matt for the look im after, but excellent start.

the quay was my next shot, the father in law wants to get into biking (on a hardley dangerous, dont get me started on that one!) so i wanted to take him down there to see the scene and show him the jap machines are only £10k cheaper because theyre just plain more realistic and more reasonable!

we're due to go next week, you going?

dan

Ha, I'm about 10 doors away from the richmond arms, just up Richmond Pk Rd. Small world eh!

Glad you got a good deal on yr bike, it wasn't the orange/black one I saw there a while back was it?

Oh god what does he want one of those for? does he want the leather tassels and chaps to go with it? :lol: Yeah jap cruisers are much better! Either the Dragstar or the Intruder are my personal fav's.

I sure will be down there next week, if it's anything like last night then best make it there early!!

Ha, I'm about 10 doors away from the richmond arms, just up Richmond Pk Rd. Small world eh!

Glad you got a good deal on yr bike, it wasn't the orange/black one I saw there a while back was it?

Oh god what does he want one of those for? does he want the leather tassels and chaps to go with it? :lol: Yeah jap cruisers are much better! Either the Dragstar or the Intruder are my personal fav's.

I sure will be down there next week, if it's anything like last night then best make it there early!!

im just about behind you then, just the other side of st leonards!

it is the orange one, 19k on the clock - but now im worried the way you say "it wasnt the orange/black one was it"

haha nothing meant by that mate, that was one of three I found when I was buying mine. I've only had mine 6 weeks or so.

I'm suprised we can't hear each other then, mine has a bit of a bark to it.

I buy a lot of my stuff from Ebay in the US - you just have to ask them to mark it as a gift. I have bought some crackin stuff for my 650 in the past.

This place is quite good too - and not too badly priced:

Offshore Motorcycle Parts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hi guys, ,new member here - greetings to everyone!

I'm the happy new owner of a 2001 xvs650 that i'm thinking of playing around a bit with - rear lights, bars, exhaust, maybe tacho - especially if i can find one with a clock of some sort built in!

any way, im struggling to find sites with good project pictures or before / after, pics of the parts on bikes etc, all i seem to be able to find is online catalogues really - not a lot in the way of end results as i dont know anything about how these bits will look once done.

any advice or comments welcome and appreciated, please excuse my newbie-ness - am adjusting to this world from my ninja and only 3rd week in, the future of the ninja looks like it could be in danger! am a little put off the local dealer even though they are a big name it seems (phils mall) as they seem to be grumpy so and so's without much time for people (or maybe its just me ;-) ) and battistinis just down the road seems a bit hard core for the likes of me and this bike right now

thanks in advance, sorry for the long post!

dan

Hey dan,

Mate, there's an aussie website, which ive been looking at for XVS650 gear (I own a 2004 XVS650 Custom)..

here 'tis

www.zpower.com.au

Im pretty sure you'd be able to get the gear on that site delivered.

Good luck mate

Brendan

Is the 650 a Classic or a Custom?

If the latter, then the best mod you can do is to move the rear indicators backward.

Then you can get proper sized saddlebags on, rather than just shitty little sandwich boxes :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online