600's for shorties??

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2
This post is 5844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Hello,

My Missus is interested in getting a 600 soon. She hates the fazer 600 (not the reason why i got one) but she is only 5ft2 (and half) tall. any suggestions?????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello,

My Missus is interested in getting a 600 soon. She hates the fazer 600 (not the reason why i got one) but she is only 5ft2 (and half) tall. any suggestions?????

Kawas e6f is neet and petite for the little lady and probably the best bet due to weight. Suzuki Bandits are heavy and the seat height is just a little too high even on the lowest setting for her. Look in MCN for seat heat adjusters.

I'm 5ft 1 and i had a CBR600F before i got my Dragstar - see pic. Had the seat cut out but to be honest it didn't make much difference. Weight wise it wasn't good either.

Got shut of it less than a year later.....

HPIM0361.jpg

For sports 600`s, the easiest to get to grips with is probably a Su5"£! GSX R600, ( :huh: sorry Mr. Y, the R6 is trail bike high by comparison) the 06+ models are particularly low and kits to lower are simple and work well.

For something (a bit) more relaxed, they do a fully faired bandit GSX 650F, which looks the part, and again lowers well. And they also do the SV650 V twin, which is supposed to be ok.

Seems the "S" has cornered the market for supplying 600 class bikes to the vertically challenged ;)

A mate of mine who is 5`2", has a Kwack. ER 650F, with the forks dropped and a lowered rear shock, (gone down about 30mm all round) and he still goes tippy toe. The finish is Sh!£e as well, and its a right lumpy ride.

Just keep trying diferent bikes till you find one she likes, Its not all about height, its leg length that`s the key issue.

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

She loves the bandit! but they are to heavey for her lol! She dnt like the sv650 of the fazer. (have you seen my bikes lol)

She likes the kwaq but loves the Monster as it is almost perfect for her. Going to try a Street Triple on saturday.

She loves the bandit! but they are to heavey for her lol! She dnt like the sv650 of the fazer. (have you seen my bikes lol)

She likes the kwaq but loves the Monster as it is almost perfect for her. Going to try a Street Triple on saturday.

if shes worried about weight and seat height would an rs250 or an rvf 400, 400 ninja or gsxr not be a better bet? still as quick through the twisties!!

Hello,

Could she wear high heels? :mellow::blink:

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Leathers and Heels?? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Could she wear high heels?

What about a Bandit 400?

I have one of those too and its fabulous!

Its proper quick and it fantastic in the corners. Much as i love my Dragstar i cant thrash it like i can my Bandit :lol:

I've just had mine lowered (pic is when i bought it and it had been jacked right up) It has one or two modifications but its pretty much standard (yeah i KNOW it kwak green too lol)

Its not too heavy and its a hell of a lot of fun!!

bandit1.jpg

P1011088_001.jpg

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Didn't think of that bike! That will be perfect as she love bandits and its not to powerful and is proberly light.

Didn't think of that bike! That will be perfect as she love bandits and its not to powerful and is proberly light.

Well at 5ft 1 its perfect for me - the lowering kit cost £15 on ebay (thankyou oldgitonabike for the heads up!!) Its not too heavy and it will keep up with the 600's in the twistys any day IMHO.

I picked that one up for £800 (on a J Plate) and as you can see its a minter - so if you look hard enough they are there!

I used to own a CBR400RR - the babyblade - a few years back (see yet another piccy!) - and that was just as much fun to ride too!

Tell her not to rule out the 400's - they can give the 600's a run for their money..... ;)

bike1.jpg

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Its gonna be her first bike aswell. She saod she is gonna get and r6 to piss me off lol! It wont work I can loose most r6s in the bends!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online