Can I ignore XJ600S Diversion oil cooler?

Coss
This post is 5846 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

I have 1993 Xj600S Diversion with a faulty engine. Tomorrow I`m gonna get another engine, from a newer model(1999). These newer models have an oil cooler, but everything else seems to be the same. Can I just ignore it and connest oil cooler hoses together? Earlier models could easily do without it, so would it be a problem in this case?

If any answers, thanks a lot!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi!

I have 1993 Xj600S Diversion with a faulty engine. Tomorrow I`m gonna get another engine, from a newer model(1999). These newer models have an oil cooler, but everything else seems to be the same. Can I just ignore it and connest oil cooler hoses together? Earlier models could easily do without it, so would it be a problem in this case?

Why can't you just fit an oil cooler?

Hi!

The Air Cooled Motors are known to run a little hot when in traffic and driving slow and the oil coolers help heep the temps down Its up to you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online