Textile riding gear

jrhendryx
This post is 5856 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, I have a set of Joe Rocket textile gear, and i have a problem

I like my things to be clean. This suit, after a year of abuse in all elements, is filthy. It wouldnt be so bad if it were black, but it has huge white patches that catch grime and just make it look like i stopped the bike, got off, and rolled around in the dirt.

I read the care instructions on the label inside the coat, but it says i cant dry clean, machine wash, soak, etc etc this thing.

it doesnt say anything about cleaning it via telepathy, but unfortunately i appear to not have that gift.

how do you clean your textile gear? im at my wits end here.

heres what it looks like - the pants are pretty clean - they only get worn in inclement weather or when i go on a long ride. the jacket is worn every time I am on the bike, every day, so its filthy. the white patches (as can be seen in the picture) dont reflect light well anymore because they are so dirty.

IMG_1078.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a product called tech wash, it comes from either a bike shop or outdoor pursuits shop. It washes your tech clothing without damaging the fabric or waterproofness of it.

Then I use reproofing product so the water beads again - dont use the stuff you add to the conditioner draw on the washing machine, they dont work well.

I have used one you rub in to the fabric, workds great.

Hope that helps. By the way, I washed the jacket in the machine on a delicate setting

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online