FOR ENGLAND AND ST.GEORGE

R1evad
This post is 5855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Should St.Georges day be a bank holiday in ENGLAND.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 23 April to be a bank holiday in ENGLAND

• YES
    • NO

HAPPY ST.GEORGES DAY

On the basis the UK is made up from a collection of countries, which all have their own patron saint, why don`t we all have our saints day as a bank holiday?

After all, there are already different bank holiday practices around the Kingdom so why not for this. :rah::dance::beerchug:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think that, in the main, you'll be preaching to the converted. Among the English, of course.

It seems odd that the Media once proudly recognized At Andrew's, St David's and (particularly) St Patrick's Days yet got all self-conscious when celebrating anything English. Too Imperialist, probably. Having said that, I wonder if it's becoming a little less unfashionable nowadays (as opposed to being fashionable; that would never do :P ).

Sadly, you're generally not allowed to put your nationality as English in many places; all forms I've filled in in the last few years have only recognized British/UK.

Still; you've got my vote :beerchug:

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Sadly, you're generally not allowed to put your nationality as English in many places; all forms I've filled in in the last few years have only recognized British/UK.

Some froms I have filled out do not ask for you to tick a box but right down whta Natinality you are. I always put English. Once when i was in school I crossed the British box out and wrote english and I got in to Truoble!!!! Yet the school was for the Church of ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figure that one out ?????

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online