grab handle

bikerbrian
This post is 5552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive just bought a 98 535 virago.I think its American spec,as there isnt a center stand fitted I bought a pattern one,but just realised there isnt much to get hold of within reach to help heave it up onto this stand.Does anyone know of a grab handle of sorts thats on the market somewhere that could be fitted to help in lifting it when putting it on the center stand??? Failing that I'll probably have to make up something to bolt somewhere near the seat there is a couple of strong points there.

• 10 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope.

Most Cruisers have no centre stand. They may come with fittings for one, but I've only ever seen one Cruiser that actually had one fitted.

TBH, it's always going to be a pain lugging 230+kgs onto a center stand.

Done properly, you should be using your bodyweight to press down and the fulcrum action of the stand to lever it up, rather than dragging it.

Nope.

Most Cruisers have no centre stand. They may come with fittings for one, but I've only ever seen one Cruiser that actually had one fitted.

TBH, it's always going to be a pain lugging 230+kgs onto a center stand.

Done properly, you should be using your bodyweight to press down and the fulcrum action of the stand to lever it up, rather than dragging it.

side stands all the way far easier to just dismount and get off, i am with you on this taskmaster having pulled my back out lugging a bloody heavy triumph up on its stand and being in agony all day because i did not do it right.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online