TRAVEL INSURANCE

R1evad
This post is 5836 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I`m planning a EUROPE wide tour later in the year and plan t be away for a month and a half (or so)

A lot of the travel insurance companies want to charge a premium for riding abroad on bike over 125cc (some over 50cc) or specifically exclude cover for motorcycling.

Anybody got any recomendations or companies they have used?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I`m planning a EUROPE wide tour later in the year and plan t be away for a month and a half (or so)

A lot of the travel insurance companies want to charge a premium for riding abroad on bike over 125cc (some over 50cc) or specifically exclude cover for motorcycling.

Anybody got any recomendations or companies they have used?

If your on your own bike you just need to check your personal health ins. Your doctor will have forms for you for a health card. Your own bike ins will cover you for a 'holiday'. If you intend to hirer a bike abroad, hardly any company will insure you.

Will be me and the "Doris" on the CBR1000, and a bit of light luggage. already have EHIC`s for us and AA 5 Star for the bike, although come to think of it will have to renew that, and I think they only go up to 10 years old :angry:

The bike is insured in Gibralter and has 365 days Fully comp "European" cover. So d`you reckon that`s all we will need then?

• 2 weeks later...

Carol Nash

we get ours ever year from her, because of the time we are away it has to be a year's cover, about £90 for the year for the 2 of us. also covers bike luggage, clothes.

Hi,

You could try NCI.... see the link below....

http://www.ncionline.co.uk/

They bike breakdown cover, bike travel insruance etc. I'm doing a 5 day tour to Normandy later in the year and arranged my breakdown cover and travel cover through them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online