XS360 in the US

DeBortole
This post is 5674 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all!,

My name is Jesse, Im 23 years old and live in Seattle, Washington USA. I have a big project under way its a 1976 yamaha XS360C that im building into a custom cafe racer.

It has:

Raask adjustable clubman bars that i have cut and narrowed to make fit better

pod filters

custom exhaust with black graphite heat wrap

replacement headlight

headlight brackets

custom steel cafe seat w/ custom upholstry

maxxis tires

drilled ft. rotor

home made rear sets (soon to be replaced with ones im making at work)

17T ft. sprocket for more top end.

& so much more....

check it out @ www.caferacermotorcycle.com

I'm now looking into making this low milage engine work a little harder, i see that Newtronics makes a electronic ignition for it and raask makes rearsets but thats all the "performance"/aftermarket parts i can find. dose anyone know of anything else available or have any possable leads to companys that can mfg. parts for me.

~Jesse

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

try new cam

http://www.megacyclecams.com/catalog/page57.pdf

dial in your carb settings on a rolling road

cheapest way i know the get better performance is to lose weight, so go on a diet!!!! :lol:

.... welcome to the forum!

greetings and welcome DeBortole !

i like it , i like it a lot :blink:

try new cam

http://www.megacyclecams.com/catalog/page57.pdf

dial in your carb settings on a rolling road

cheapest way i know the get better performance is to lose weight, so go on a diet!!!! :lol:

.... welcome to the forum!

thanks drewpy! i have been searching for a cam. so are you saying use the XS400 cam? is it interchangable?

~Jesse

I ordered a pair of mikuni VM34 carbs this weekend, now i plan on finding out from drewpy if the megacycle xs400 cam is interchangable also im looking into accel super coil ignition system and a dyna points ignition booster.

after i ghet the parts im gonna port & polish the head and run a thinner head gasket to up compression... thats gonna be the extent of engine performance mods.

~Jesse

oh yeah, im runnin crazy home made exhaust and pod filters thats it for engine mods and i put down 23HP 19ft. lbs of torque. on the dyno this weekend. (and thats with running it fairly lean) im shooting for 30-35HP with the engine mods.

~Jesse

thanks for the ideas folks !

hope to pick my 360 up this weekend !!

4574mph.jpg

thanks for the ideas folks !

hope to pick my 360 up this weekend !!

4574mph.jpg

about bloody time!! :)

I posted a "WTB" add on craigslist and found many people with xs400's that will sell me complete running titled bikes for $200-$500! i'm going to pick up a xs400 engine with cdi for $40!

also if you check craigslist seattle there is a SR500 running and titled for $750! i want it!!!!

I'm thinking about putting a stock XS400 cam in my xs360... anyone know if this will work???

~Jesse

• 6 months later...

I posted a "WTB" add on craigslist and found many people with xs400's that will sell me complete running titled bikes for $200-$500! i'm going to pick up a xs400 engine with cdi for $40!

also if you check craigslist seattle there is a SR500 running and titled for $750! i want it!!!!

I'm thinking about putting a stock XS400 cam in my xs360... anyone know if this will work???

~Jesse

yes its got the same part number.

only the mild cams offered to german markets are different.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online