Convert 6V to 12V on a 1975 RS?

Angry Mosquito
This post is 5890 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help enlighten me??? I have just bought a really good 1975 RS125z 2 Stroke but shiiiit I can't see jack at night!! How can I solve this problem..??? it 6V system btw.

Thanks in advance

Steve is Australia

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:blink: I will try hard and find someone to assst with this mate!

As I live 400km's from the capital in a country town we are a little heehe lost for experts of any measure!

Thanks for the hint.

Steve

maybe a RD125 system, i believe they are 12v

Merv

You might have trouble here, There is a firm here in the uk that converts bikes to 12v (In fact there may be more than 1). I was reading about them recently and it said that the smallest bike they had done it on was a DT250 (If memory serves me right). It all comes down to Have you got the room on your bike for a 12V battery?. The answer is likely to be no and if that's the case you're stuck with a 6V system. I know what you mean though, I ride an old 1970's Dt175MX, That's got 6V lights and if theres no street lighting it's not very good

Oh by the way :welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online