Coolant queries YZ426

Shrekka
This post is 5884 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

just new to this Forum and site.

this question has most likely and highly likely been done b4, but wots a good coolant for my bike?

My local bike shop said you can mix all coolants(ethylene glycol) Except for a few of course. The brand he gave me was FUCHs Xtra long life coolant 250000km 5year change coolant one, well, for starters this is coolant for cars..Does not state bikes at all.

And seen my friend today and he users in his WRF Nulon automotive coolant similar specs to Fuchs one.

Can you use these on my bike?

So is it safe to use car coolant on these bikes?

IS it better to use a coolant which states is just for bikes then? Ive always used MOTUL coolant for my bike

any replies would be much appreciated..

thanks

and by the way YZFs rule the bush! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there

just new to this Forum and site.

this question has most likely and highly likely been done b4, but wots a good coolant for my bike?

My local bike shop said you can mix all coolants(ethylene glycol) Except for a few of course. The brand he gave me was FUCHs Xtra long life coolant 250000km 5year change coolant one, well, for starters this is coolant for cars..Does not state bikes at all.

And seen my friend today and he users in his WRF Nulon automotive coolant similar specs to Fuchs one.

Can you use these on my bike?

So is it safe to use car coolant on these bikes?

IS it better to use a coolant which states is just for bikes then? Ive always used MOTUL coolant for my bike

any replies would be much appreciated..

thanks

and by the way YZFs rule the bush! :)

Hi there

Basiclly there is no difference between coolent's made for cars -bikes if you check the products you will see that they are identical, most of the newer ones are long life premixed coolents that don't need diluting the only thing that you really have to check depending on your bike is to make sure that it is compatible for your type of engine ie alloy,steel or cast iron?

Hi there

Basiclly there is no difference between coolent's made for cars -bikes if you check the products you will see that they are identical, most of the newer ones are long life premixed coolents that don't need diluting the only thing that you really have to check depending on your bike is to make sure that it is compatible for your type of engine ie alloy,steel or cast iron?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online