New guy..pics.

cafe-J
This post is 5882 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, Im new to the site and thought I would post some pics of my project.... eventually going for the cafe racer meets bobber look...I would also love to see what others have done to their xs400's 650's ect. ect. thanks.

l_1d82e9de6c8e4e32643f3b3b633fa6cd.jpg

l_1a9a6cc4a7af85cec8f44d8babf0019a.jpg

l_bbb6ba4c06c11c8ba4ee207d067535e3.jpg

l_6a316c19297e68de27884575a7591378.jpg

soon to have a solo springer seat, and maybe some clubman bars!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey, Im new to the site and thought I would post some pics of my project.... eventually going for the cafe racer meets bobber look...I would also love to see what others have done to their xs400's 650's ect. ect. thanks.

soon to have a solo springer seat, and maybe some clubman bars!

Looking clean, get that seat, cos the one on there don't sit (sic!) right.

a few here are building cafe's and flat trackers and discussions are as how to hide the battery and gubbins to clean the lines of the bike.

keep us abreast of your project as it happens!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

ive got an xs400 1978 Hardtail. Style is a boobber springer seat. Raked forks and Black. Get some pics up soon (soon as i work out how to) <_< .

bought as project. stripped added my own bits and re-built and painted black. still needs little finishing but should be out soon...

a few here are building cafe's and flat trackers and discussions are as how to hide the battery and gubbins to clean the lines of the bike.

I'm going to remove the starter motor and associated crud and use the space to keep a little gel battery in, just enough to power the coil to kick start it :D The bike's daytime-only so I don't have to worry about powering lights :lol:

Kayla

I'm going to remove the starter motor and associated crud and use the space to keep a little gel battery in, just enough to power the coil to kick start it :D The bike's daytime-only so I don't have to worry about powering lights :lol:

Kayla

the best one i've found so far is an alarm battery 1.3AH: 97mmL 43mmW 52mmH £13 MM22Y. from some online battery place.

install it on a foam mat and vaseline the battery, then foam the gap to get a snug fit.

I too am not running lights except brake lamps for MOT.

Any other ideas?

the best one i've found so far is an alarm battery 1.3AH: 97mmL 43mmW 52mmH £13 MM22Y. from some online battery place.

install it on a foam mat and vaseline the battery, then foam the gap to get a snug fit.

I too am not running lights except brake lamps for MOT.

Any other ideas?

Ah, that battery sounds very like the one I got for £7 off ebay!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online