Advice on buying a Fazer 600 for a new biker

Maars
This post is 5886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Passed my DAS test on Friday and I'm on the hunt for a bike :D

Having looked at Bandits & SV650s I've settled on a Fazer 600 - ideally a facelift 2002 model. Being new to the whole bike scene what should I look out for when buying one of these bikes? Is it worth getting it HPI'd and independantly inspected beforehand? Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Passed my DAS test on Friday and I'm on the hunt for a bike :D

Having looked at Bandits & SV650s I've settled on a Fazer 600 - ideally a facelift 2002 model. Being new to the whole bike scene what should I look out for when buying one of these bikes? Is it worth getting it HPI'd and independantly inspected beforehand? Any other tips would be much appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. Always worth getting any bike or car checked for outstanding loans. You need to check or have checked all of the usual things. If you are not sure, pay for an engineer to check it. I think the RAC will do it.

Welcome to the forum. Always worth getting any bike or car checked for outstanding loans. You need to check or have checked all of the usual things. If you are not sure, pay for an engineer to check it. I think the RAC will do it.

Thanks!

What should I be looking to pay for a 2002/3 Fazer 600?

Thanks!

What should I be looking to pay for a 2002/3 Fazer 600?

Look around your local dealers and see the condition of the Fazer stock but for a good quality dealer model allow £2750 to £3000, private buy with no comeback, I'd say £1850 to £2250. They are a good all round bike with 95hp output should put a grin on your face. Also handling and brakes are good. :rolleyes:

Look around your local dealers and see the condition of the Fazer stock but for a good quality dealer model allow £2750 to £3000, private buy with no comeback, I'd say £1850 to £2250. They are a good all round bike with 95hp output should put a grin on your face. Also handling and brakes are good. :rolleyes:

Well, I've just bought one...

2002 Fazer with 22k miles, 4 owners, plenty of history/receipts/etc and seemingly in good nick (bought as a second bike by the last owner). I paid £1650.

I pick it up next week - can't wait! :D

• 2 weeks later...

2002 Fazer with 22k miles, 4 owners, plenty of history/receipts/etc and seemingly in good nick (bought as a second bike by the last owner). I paid £1650.

Looks like a good deal you got there now go out and enjoy yourself

Had my 03 fazer for three years now and still puts a smile on my face every time i ride it :D

very good price that i paid 3200 for my 54 plate a month ago. was not really what i wanted but i think i had my head in clouds. had a ride on my mate o4 reg and when same day looked at 11 diffrent ones and did a woman trick and went back to the first...#

goes like split shit for a first bike too.....

good buy