XS250 year unknown - please help

jeffman
This post is 5931 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I have a Yamaha XS 250 which is currently registered as a 1982 model. However it looks like nothing like any XS created within that year. In fact looking at a 1979 model it appears older that!

My bike has hub brakes on both front and back wheel's. They are also not mag wheel's. The 1979 models have this but not mine.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated:

The Engine/Frame number is:

1U5 - 240 - 435

Many thanks,

Jeffman

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I have a Yamaha XS 250 which is currently registered as a 1982 model. However it looks like nothing like any XS created within that year. In fact looking at a 1979 model it appears older that!

My bike has hub brakes on both front and back wheel's. They are also not mag wheel's. The 1979 models have this but not mine.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated:

The Engine/Frame number is:

1U5 - 240 - 435

Many thanks,

Jeffman

dont remeberthe gb xs,s ever having a drum front brake but people do things to bikes down the years 1U5 relates to the XS but not sure which as my speciality is the airco0led Rd,s quick bit of research that appears to be a 1978 number

any pictures ?

merv

Lol! I just got one of these on Sunday! It's an XS250 'C', if that helps. Mine is registered on an '82 Y plate and has drum brakes front and rear. Spoked wheels = waaaaay cooler than cast :D

Lol! I just got one of these on Sunday! It's an XS250 'C', if that helps. Mine is registered on an '82 Y plate and has drum brakes front and rear. Spoked wheels = waaaaay cooler than cast :D

way yaa!

I see that you're doing a tracker. have you got the bits and pieces or are you just starting out?

way yaa!

I see that you're doing a tracker. have you got the bits and pieces or are you just starting out?

I'm just starting out. Well, my boyfriend is just starting out, lol. I just fancied something different, but cool, that'll happily waft along at 60 down a nice road.

We've got it up and running, I'm going to get a seat unit off ebay for now as the standard one on the bike is just boggin' awful. It has the potential to be a nice little bike once I get it looking right and get some of the weight off it (it needs to lose about 30kg. I think aluminium bars and rims and cutting the rear subframe off will help a bit, and maybe a smaller tank from an SR125 or something) The basic street tracker shape is there already though.

It'll just get ridden this year but come next winter it'll get a full strip and rebuild (and maybe, just maybe, a hardtail B) ) God, I love bikes :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online