R6 Insurance

chrisc
This post is 5923 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just bought a V(99) R6 - I am having probs getting insurance - mainly because I am 5 weeks of my 18th and only got my full bike licence 4 weeks ago - was on a 50 moped and then a 125.

Can someone reccomend an Insurance Co.

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just bought a V(99) R6 - I am having probs getting insurance - mainly because I am 5 weeks of my 18th and only got my full bike licence 4 weeks ago - was on a 50 moped and then a 125.

Can someone reccomend an Insurance Co.

Thank you

Hi there

look on confused.com

i did and shopped around..

got a good deal on there

Hope it helps..

Hey there fella I use Aqoute.co.uk they are an umberella company there rates have always been very compatative I've never found a cheaper quote. Good Luck mate. Have fun on your new baby x

Ill be suprised if you get insurance under £2000 from any company mate, i had to wait until I was 28 before I got a decent quote on a Fireblade, im 35 now, had my full bike licence 16 years and paying £200 Fully Comp on an R1 which I still think is a little high considering my no-claims and the anti-theft devices I have ie DATATAG, DATATOOL SYSTEM 3 etc.

No offence to you mate but I think its better to get some serious road experience and no claims discount before heading out on the open road with a powerfull machine, I realise this may upset a few younger bikers out there but IMHO its the truth, experience does count and this reflects insurance quotes.

Theres alot of lads out there riding without insurance, this is why the rest of us have to pay high premiums!! :angry:

google carol nash. best company out there imho.

on a side note mate. at 35 with hefty no claims i would be pissed paying 200 quid considering i pay 180 summin for my r6 on an 07 plate fully comp at 28

google carol nash. best company out there imho.

on a side note mate. at 35 with hefty no claims i would be pissed paying 200 quid considering i pay 180 summin for my r6 on an 07 plate fully comp at 28

Tell me about it, i think apart from the obvious engine size difference down here in Devon we have quite a few motorcycle fatalities in the summer months so maybe thats somthing to do with the cost of insurance, i dont know to be honest.

A mate of mine is 26 and riding a 99 Blade, past his test last year and paying 550 green ones for TDF&T :blink:

I got insured!! www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk

paying monthly - seems too good to be true -

how much did it cost in the end??

I found out why im paying over the odds, coz im in the bloody armed forces, my insurance company (motorcycle direct) claims that because im away some of the year throwing bullets at Bin Ladens evil henchmen that i dont have the continuity of riding all year round :blink:

Im sure theres a case for discrimination here, maybe I will take my R1 to Helmand Province with me next time and squeeze a few miles in on my weekends off o sh@t we dont get weekends off on deployemnt:lol:

Thanks very much for your support motorcycle direct, i hope the word gets out and i will be paying my queens notes to another company come renewal time in May

Lmao, My insurance last year was 3500!!!! lol, thats for a `03 xj900, TPF and T, Bloody courier insurance eh, whod have it... . . . Now ive stopped for a while, its down to just under a grand. And im due a cheque back tomorrow from them because I aparently over paid. . . No sh@t!!!!

15 Years owning a licence gives you better chances of lower insurance,even if you do 200 miles a year, this is better than doing over 150,000 miles in less than two years, what i dont get is they dont take into account the fact you may or may not have been on your bike all the time.

Im 31 and have had my licence since March last year, did over 90,000 miles on 125s in 15 months before that and have done a good 70-80,000 since June on two wheels. . . .make any difference to my insurance . . .NO!

Enjoy your new bike mate and take it steady, the insurance man wont be your best mate if you throw it down the road.

P

I am paying 119.40 per month - this price is guaranteed for 8 months - you pay by direct debt each month and can cancel at any time - you print of a cover note each month.

Well expensive but if your happy with that then thats cool, remember to declare all mods made to your bike, even the slightest thing like an aftermarket exhaust, for an extra 20 quid it stops the insurance company wriggling out of a pay out if you get hit off or throw it down the road, the insurance man is a sneaky fecker mate!!! :mellow:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online