DUKE TO YAMMY

gunnysonics
This post is 5927 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, ive just gone from a 2002 Ducati 996S to an Origional 98 R1 and its amazing. :lol:

The 996S looked the nuts, sounded like 2 skeletons w@nking off in a biscuit tin and was as light as a scousers fingers, but once you pulled away from the curb is was an absolute bag of bolts, stalling all the time in cold weather and rain. :angry:

I shouldve gone with my instincts and stayed with Jap bikes but I fancied a change and had a few quid in my pocket.

My Ducati had recently been serviced prior to buying it (DUCATI MANCHESTER) (SPIT!!), £450 for a service, thats in pounds not roubles or Yen!!!

After I got shot of it I looked around for somthing different, ive mostly had GSXR's, 2 TLR1000R's, 2 ZX7R's and a Fireblade, so I decided to try an R1 and now I feel like a bit of a muppet coz its a frikkin nutters bike and I love it like a cheap whore!!! I just wish I bought one years ago as I wouldve stayed with the R1's all they way.

Anyway, a bit of advice from an old fart (35) if you want to sit outside your house or a Cafe looking the b@llox then buy a Ducati, if you want to ride a motorcycle and feel the flies kamikaze on your lid then buy the R1, its the buisness ;)

Just ask yourself the next time your out on your bike , where are all the Ducati's this time of year?<_<

DUCATI 996 £6000 FROM DUCATI MANCHESTER (a nice ornament)

Picture010.jpg

1998 YAMAHA YZF R1 £2300 (FROM DEALER WITH WARRANTY) (what a bike!!!)

r1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good choice on the R1, I love the original red and white and yours looks pretty sweet, I’ve had my 2000 model for 4 years now and I absolutely love it, I use it every day, summer and winder and it never let me down, the only thing I had to change since I got the bike was the battery and that’s it, regular oil and filter change and it runs like a champ with 25000 miles on the clock. :)

The only problem ive had with the R1 is getting it up the stairs at night, and also the wife has been moaning a bit recently about how she gets in the garage at night, so ive bought her a sleeping bag, i wouldve got her a heater too but im saving for a steering damper!!!

Obviously come the summer i will put the R1 back in the garage and bring the wife back upstairs :D:D:D

The only problem ive had with the R1 is getting it up the stairs at night, and also the wife has been moaning a bit recently about how she gets in the garage at night, so ive bought her a sleeping bag, i wouldve got her a heater too but im saving for a steering damper!!!

:rofl:

Obviously come the summer i will put the R1 back in the garage and bring the wife back upstairs :D:D:D

:thumb:

Gunnysonics thank the heavens you arrived here.

I too am a Ducati-ex.

My 748 was an icon, an earful, a deep throated, respectable

part of the family until ...it set fire to itself!

How rude!

I replaced it with an R6 .... and I love it just as much.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online