G'day from Australia,

snowymountainsmick
This post is 5943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I haven't had a trail bike for 30+ years, but am getting my new (to me) TT600R delivered in an hour.

It is in great condition and has only travelled 1100Ks (660miles).

Looking forward to some serious dirt time, lots of forests around here.

I'll post a pic asap.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Woohoo! Those are great bikes! I used to have one when we lived in Africa. They are very torquey, and you'll be able to do long powerslides and wheelies. Now I'm back in the UK, I have a 2007 FZ6 Fazer S2.

Jon.

Woohoo! Those are great bikes! I used to have one when we lived in Africa. They are very torquey, and you'll be able to do long powerslides and wheelies. Now I'm back in the UK, I have a 2007 FZ6 Fazer S2.

Jon.

It certainly is, my mate dropped the bike off, but forgot the blinkers, number plate bracket, mirrors, etc which I need to road register it. It is a holiday weekend and he won't be back till Wednesday :( So the project has ground to a halt for the moment. I have fired it up and ridden it around my front garden and down the side of the house and around the backyard, very hairy, but fun. We have lots of forests and bush within 15-20 mins drive, so I will be giving it a regular blast to blow the cobwebs away as soon as I get it registered.

I don't know how I got talked into a kick start bike at 59, almost 60. No doubt if I develop the technique and keep it in crackerjack tune it will be ok. I can see the headlines of the local paper, 'Local man dies on motorbike, chucked a hearty trying to start his wog bike.'

I noticed that the RTA (our version of the MOT) have red license plates with white lettering. WOG 30 is available. Very apt for a bike made in Italy with Ducati controls, Brembo brakes, Ohlins Rear shocks, Pirelli tyres, etc. :D

They also have REX 30 in black with gold writing for my Kawasaki ZRX1200R, which is affectionately known as T REX!

Mick.

I haven't had a trail bike for 30+ years, but am getting my new (to me) TT600R delivered in an hour.

It is in great condition and has only travelled 1100Ks (660miles).

Looking forward to some serious dirt time, lots of forests around here.

I'll post a pic asap.

G.DAY MATEY. AM FROM OTHER SIDE OF WORLD .SCOTS. &looking for old DT. 250. ANY INFO YOUR END .? ;)

Wow wog 30 that would be banned here, oh yes from some of Kev wilsons stuff i know you refer to italians by that name down under, here it is used as a derogatory term for people with very very dark skin. anyway good choice have fun

merv

I would never call anyone that or any other racially based names, but in recent years there has been an acceptance of the term as there was a Greek comedian who used to refer to himself as the wogboy and had Wogboy number plates on his hot rod Valiant Charger ( Aussie chrysler 70s muscle car). He even made a movie called the wog boy. A good friend of mine Jack (actually Jacob) who is Romany Gypsy always identifies himself at work on the phone by saying 'G'Day mate, it's Jack the Wog here.' He had a son by a woman I know when she was his girlfriend/mistress and they proudly refer to his son as 'the wog.'

Having said that, if you called a stranger by that name, you would either get your lights punched out or be dobbed in, deep do-doos either way.

Another friend who is Greek, who I will probably ride trails with occasionally has had his bike, trailer, riding top helmet and bum bag stencilled with 'The Wog' His 13yr old son who rides with him has 'Wog 2' stencils, etc.

I'm of pure Irish descent, was raised a Catholic (now RC, not roman, just retired) and my name is Mick. I am referred to as 'arightmick.'

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online