New rider

jet22
This post is 5954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my names nik and I've recently bought myself a Yamaha xj600s divvy for my first bike. I know its probably not as fancy as some of the other riders on here but I'm happy with it so far so good *touch wood*. I'm not really into driving at break neck speeds, I just like a leisurely ride out and chill out. I used to have a car but thanks to her majesty I totted up some points within the probationary period and she took my car license off me grr lol but I've learned my lesson the hard way so I'm being a good boy from now on. I passed my bike test in dec '07 with only 2 minors which I was well chuffed about. Peed me off with the "U" turn excercise because I knew I could do it but when I was practising I kept putting my foot down and my clutch control let me down sometimes. But on the day I did it perfectly! I wanted to jump in the air I was so chuffed just on that bit, didn't care bout the rest lol The recent weather hasn't been too brilliant, I've popped out twice this week on my bike. Once to the garage to get my brakes done on the back and today just for a general ride about. Just wish the weather would pick up a bit sooner rather than later so I can go for a nice cruise somewhere. But summer will come soon enough I think then I'll be out and about all the time weather permitting! Heres a pic of my bike, sorry its not the best pic in the world but I ain't got a decent camera to take one better, the pic itself is from ebay where I bought the bike........

mybike.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Nik

My friend just got himself a divvy after passing his test - good bike!

Welcome aboard.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)