2003 R6

dan2008
This post is 5955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any thoughts on the 2003 R6? Particularly like the limited edition yellow and black model.

Should I bother with this year bike just because I like the paint job?

Does it have any bad habits? Are there any areas where it's better than the newer 2007 model?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I love mine!!! Although its not a 03 model its the same shape! lol

Ive had no troubles with it and in comparison to all the other 600's of this period i think this is the best one to live with. I use mine almost everyday......including today..........and its a 80 mile round trip to work and back and when the roads are dry and the sun is out its never a long enough ride home!

Everyone i speak to say its a lot more managable and user friendly on the roads in comparison to the newer style one as this is a lot stiffer and designed more for the track.

Hope that helps!!! :D

Matt

Ditto Matt on this,

I've got a 2004 R6 (same as 03, unless your 03 is actually an 02 that was registered late ....(O3 onwards have injection instead of Carbs).

I've done almost 45k on mine and has been extremely reliable considering it get's used what ever the weather is like (even snow). In fact during June when we had all the floods I got through some floods with water above my knees as I was sat on the bike, and even went past lorries that had got stuck ! Bike just came out the other side unfazed! Got photo's that prove it :-)

Then in August I travelled over 2000 miles in 5 days on it and didn't find it uncomfortable on the knee's or wrist, like some of the other Kwak/Honda/Suzuki riders.

So I think it's a fantastic bike to have, and would highly recommend that you buy one.

Happy riding !!

I love mine!!! Although its not a 03 model its the same shape! lol

Ive had no troubles with it and in comparison to all the other 600's of this period i think this is the best one to live with. I use mine almost everyday......including today..........and its a 80 mile round trip to work and back and when the roads are dry and the sun is out its never a long enough ride home!

Everyone i speak to say its a lot more managable and user friendly on the roads in comparison to the newer style one as this is a lot stiffer and designed more for the track.

Hope that helps!!! :D

Matt

Thanks Matt. On another post you say the earlier ones tend to be a bit more twitchy at the rear. Does that include the 03 or pre 2003?

Thanks

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

In fact during June when we had all the floods I got through some floods with water above my knees as I was sat on the bike, and even went past lorries that had got stuck ! Bike just came out the other side unfazed!

did that on me bandit! drove on the pavement and ended up in deeper water lol

Im pretty new to the biking world but I love my 03 r6 wit a passion! Its stunning to look at and even better to ride!

It has given me so much confidence riding it. Would go out and buy another tomorrow!

Yeah as Chrisw said it was the carb models that had been know to have a worryingly twitchy rear......if your looking at a bike this shape your fine!!! :D

P1010081.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online