How can I put dual disc brake in XS400 12E??

Serch
This post is 5975 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Excuse my poor english. (I'm spanish)

I would like put dual disc brake in my Yamaha XS400 (84).

I can read that I can use the fork of the XJ550, but there are many models within this ...

Thx

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Excuse my poor english. (I'm spanish)

I would like put dual disc brake in my Yamaha XS400 (84).

I can read that I can use the fork of the XJ550, but there are many models within this ...

Thx

wish you had a pic, look on your cast front wheel, is there a plastic cover over bolt holes & is there a mount on lower fork leg ? guessing if its like xs 650's you can your goin to have to figure out what caliper goes on that side & odds are its a common caliper off another style yammey, as for rotor just get another rotor off a bike like yours, then youll need to go one of two ways, either two long hoses and a dual banjo bolt , or a y junction off another yammy that mounts on the neck, id guess an XJ 11 has duals, though im not really familier with differances in your bikes and US version. Duals are more common on euro models than US models. Dont forget you should upgrade master cyl or modify yours.

I have seen your question in the german xs400.de forum, and I think those guys are probably your best bet as that model was popular there.

I'm sure that one of the posters has a 12e bike and has pictures of his conversion. check out their signatures.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online