Need a new helmet

07SilverC3
This post is 5960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How long is a piece of string?? You really have to shop around and try as many different types as possible if you don't already have a preferred brand. I've always had AGV's as they suit me and my requirements but everyone is different. All I'll say is some are well over-priced as like most things these days you're paying for the name more than safety, comfort, realiability, sound reduction, looks etc.

I've used Shark, AGV, KBC and Arai.

The AGV and Shark were nice quiet helmets but since ive been using my Arai could never buy another helmet!!! It is amazingly light, comfortable and the vents on it are superb!

I bought myself the 2007 Arai corsair Haga 41 rep and I cant believe how amazing the difference is! Its not a particularly quiet helmet but thats nit picking!

Only bad point is that your wallet takes a bit of a hit with these helmets!

hey all,

I need a new full face helmet for my bike, What is the best place to get one?? any bad brands i should stay away from ??

Thanks in advance

The UK (British) Government has started a safety check on all helmets. There are to be independantly checked for safety and marked accordingly. You should buy the ones with the best safety number on them. The results will be out mid 08 onwards.

what would those overpriced name brands be in your experience ??

I found Suomy to be overpriced, they are a fantastic looking helmet but they seems to 'wear' very quickly and thus become loose so they get noisy and uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Had 2 cheap (£130) AGV helmets which both fell apart in under 6 months of riding just a couple of miles a day. Maybe that was just bad luck. Had a shark helmet costing £150 which was nice enough, comfy, good visability but stuffy and didnt have a very nice shape to it. Then bought a SHOEI CX-1 with Pin-Lock for £380 odd and its transformed riding. I have to admit, I'd never go back to buying a cheaper helmet. The SHOEI has done as many miles as all three of my previous helmets combined and is still in almost A1 shape. It's seriously comfy, well ventilated, quiet, easy to clean and change the visor, internals are washable, nose shield protects from steamy visor and it looks the bollox. Arai are worth a punt too I'd say.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online