My Pride and Joy

TazR6
This post is 5472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice!!! :D

I have the same year and model mate, and I am so chuffed with it.

Good pics!! :rolleyes:

Thanks.

You have good taste in bikes lol. I was going to be getting an 08 at the start of this month, but I like mine too much. No point spending loads of wedge on a bike when I have one I am more than happy with. Im not planning on getting another one in the forseeable future.

Thanks.

You have good taste in bikes lol. I was going to be getting an 08 at the start of this month, but I like mine too much. No point spending loads of wedge on a bike when I have one I am more than happy with. Im not planning on getting another one in the forseeable future.

Dont blame you mate, I'm of exactly the same thinking! Perfectly happy with this model and bike so no need to replace!

Although I'm gutted because I am missing a windscreen screw lol.. I sheered one and don't know how to go about getting one really :o\

Take another one out and match it up with. Dont go Anodized though. Get Stainless. Anodized look ok for a short while, then they fade, and can take ages to remove, often resorting to drilling them out. A mate replaced all his with anodized, and I think 90% of them had to be sawn or drilled out.

Nitemare.

ABCD0002.jpg

ABCD0004-2.jpg

ABCD0001-1.jpg

All that stripping down just to replace the LEDs in the instrument cluster! No doubt there is an easeir way, but that is the only way I could see how to remove the cluster.

• 2 weeks later...

it sounds mint ;-)

Cheers Geoff. It does sound quite good from the seat. never heard it from anywhere ekse.

Im yet to hear yours running!

Many thanks for all the positive comments. Makes having her even more of a buzz

well taz your r6 is looking better and better every time!

doing great work on it ;)

keep updating ;P

vid would rock btw :offtopic:

Many thanks for that ShoKz. Good of you to comment.

Here is a pic of the clocks with the blue LED backliting. My camera is total pants for taking pics in the dark. The tacho is barelky visible on it, but you get the gist.

100_2245.jpg

I will try and get a vid, mainly of the sound she makes. It makes the hairs on my arms stand on end. I will see if I can get a sound recording of a drive by and a pull off or something.

• 2 weeks later...

A few taken today, 08-05-08, just before I washed it. Its ditched!

100_2296.jpg

100_2297.jpg

100_2298.jpg

100_2304.jpg

New EBC Contour discs

100_2312.jpg

New Tsubaki XRing chain and Renthal rear sorocket

100_2314.jpg

100_2321.jpg

100_2325.jpg

100_2326.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

like it alot mate :D

Thank you very much.

Its going in the paintshop soon for a respray. Got new decals sorted. Just got to judge the weather and make sure I am not without it if the weather is good lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Teaser pics of the new look.

Dont worry, they are on switches lol.

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

Shame I cant ride it yet due to leaving the fuel cap and tank fixings at the body shop.

Bugga.

that is a awsome bike

your turning it into a monster!

post some pics in the daylight aswell:P ?

arnt these lights illegal?

Daylite pics. Was going to wait til it was totally finished.

100_2388.jpg

100_2391.jpg

100_2393.jpg

I didnt notice til I saw these pics that the tank decals are on the wrong sides lol! Not bothered though, as it still looks ok.

I love the tank spine too. Much better than the one that was on previously.

As for the LEDs being illegal, they are if I get caught with them, and if the Police are being tough. I have them on switches now so I can turn them off. I only had rear ones before, and they were on permanent. never had any bother even though many Police saw it. the new ones are much brighter than the old ones (see previous pics) so I thought it would be wise to be able to turn them off. They are switched independently front and rear, so i can have them on/off in any combination.

This shows the color coded fairing infills, frame infill, and coolant bottle cover. The switch for the front LED is also visible on the left infill panel.

100_23941.jpg

Wheels are being done next. I think it will be blue spokes and inner lip, with the outer lip and rim in gold. Unsure yet though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online