Hello from newbie

cili
This post is 6048 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wanted to say hi to all, I passed my riding test yesterday and went straight to dealer to purchase the Dragstar classic 650 would appreciate some info on ride quality and running in process. I should get the bike in 2 weeks time, can't wait to ride although a bit nevous :rolleyes:

Hello to all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congrats on the purchase. Ya picked a good one.

I dont know what bike you trained on or did your test on (they are usually lightweight bikes arent they???) but the extra weight of the dragstar might take a bit of getting used to, so take it handy around the turns starting off. Keep a good wide stance to balance the weight in a stationary position. Apart from that you will be grand, you will be throwing it into corners in no time.

Best of luck :)

Congrats on the purchase. Ya picked a good one.

I dont know what bike you trained on or did your test on (they are usually lightweight bikes arent they???) but the extra weight of the dragstar might take a bit of getting used to, so take it handy around the turns starting off. Keep a good wide stance to balance the weight in a stationary position. Apart from that you will be grand, you will be throwing it into corners in no time.

Best of luck :)

Thanks I trained on an Yamaha XJR 400 dry weight is 175Kg Vs the 239Kg of the Dragstar, albeit the 400 was not a light bike but will take your advise. I must admit I am feeling a bit worried riding the Dragstar for the first time as it will be from showroom straight into a lot of traffic.......anyway will see.

Thanks I trained on an Yamaha XJR 400 dry weight is 175Kg Vs the 239Kg of the Dragstar, albeit the 400 was not a light bike but will take your advise. I must admit I am feeling a bit worried riding the Dragstar for the first time as it will be from showroom straight into a lot of traffic.......anyway will see.

Oh yeah dont forget about running in the tyres, so for the first 100 miles or so dont lean too much when cornering.

Hopefully the guys at the garage will give it a look over before you buy so i wouldnt be too worried about the bike itself.

Also dont rev the Sh*te out of the lovely new engine for a while, ease her into it.

mmmm i want a new bike.....

Oh yeah dont forget about running in the tyres, so for the first 100 miles or so dont lean too much when cornering.

Hopefully the guys at the garage will give it a look over before you buy so i wouldnt be too worried about the bike itself.

Also dont rev the Sh*te out of the lovely new engine for a while, ease her into it.

mmmm i want a new bike.....

Thanks, all new info to me being my first ever bike :)

Hi Cili and welcome to the world of bikes. You will love it! Anyway, about running in a new bike; the best way is to go normal car speeds around town as opposed to normal bike speeds. You will automatically get the right speed to break in your engine, but don't go mad on the freeway. About 60 mph should be ok till you get your first service under your belt, then you can rack it up slowly till you do about another 500 miles. Buy that time you should be riding the rubber off it! As for the weight; you have a great bike and you will find it disappears as soon as you start to move. I have the new 1300 and my only problem is coming to a stop, 2 up. My g/f is not so cooperative, hehehe. Hope this helps some.

Regards from expat hear in Dubai, Michael.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online