Rolling On my 1300

Wild Bill
This post is 6035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings from the Cape Fear,

A question for you good folks.

When rolling on the accelerator, the rpms make a jump from idle to idle plus a bit more than I want. I can't seem to ramp up. Is this a characteristic of fuel injection or electronic ignition? Is something out of adjustment?

TIA,

Bill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you mean that if you start up your bike and have it in neutral and give the throttle a couple of twists that it will idle higher when you let off the throttle?

No, I'll try to explain better.

Imagine the rpms increasing in a range from one to ten. When I twist the throttle for a one nothing happens. If I continue to twist I'll get a two.

Cornering is more difficult than it should be.

I think that is a problem with the throttle sensor for the ECU.

However it could be the ECU mapping and should not happen. You could try and find others with that type of engine and find out if they have the problem but as such that will not help you.

Check that the position sensor is registering the actual throttle movement and that any cables both electrical and actuating are in good condition. There should be very little play in a actuator cable to the throttle bodies.

Would be interested to find out why this has happened!

I am not getting a fault light due to the ECU detecting a problem.

I have a digital voltmeter, but I do not have the throttle coupling. So, at this point, I cannot check the throttle position.

Some 'play' is built into the throttle grip.

I have participated in operator error problems before. I'll give this more consideration.

WB

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone getting some kind of CLUTCH rattle? sounding like its chattering " chata chata chata" is this normal when in neutral and clutch released?. distributor mechanic says its normal with this bike, but it just sounds a little loud to me for it to be normal.

Is anyone getting some kind of CLUTCH rattle? sounding like its chattering " chata chata chata" is this normal when in neutral and clutch released?. distributor mechanic says its normal with this bike, but it just sounds a little loud to me for it to be normal.

according to everyone it is normal mine does it but is getting better with milage, alot of guts have expressesd the same concern so that tells me it is normal, i have only heard of one guy who had there clutch go out. i thought about draining my oil and adding synthetic but i am told not to till 10,000 miles so i will wait

Im coming off a 2006 Sportser 883. I noticed a throttle issue right away. The yammy dealer found that the windshied was kinking the throttle cables and free play needed to be adjusted. Im still learning how to corner on this bike. Used to be in 2nd on the sporty .. doesnt work here lotsa lugging .. in fact I can ride along at 55 in 4th and the bike isnt screaming. Another fact is that if I try to shift to 5th before being at, at least 62, I lug it.

Now its gud ... it still will take a while to get used to the FI throttle response.

Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online