which chain lube?

countingcats
This post is 6063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.... can anyone reccomend the best chain lube.

also is there a product out there that will protect bikes from the effects of salt and dirt when riding through the winter...

cheers,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know I'm not exactly riding a high performance bike but I use Castrol Chainwax and it was recommended by guys on bigger better bikes! I'm happy with it, it's worth a look!

I user Wurth Performance Dry Chain lube as it doesn't fling everywhere.

As for a product to help your bike through winter; Scottoiler do one which is OK, but the best one is ACF-50. Here's a link to have a read about it. (It's always selling on EBAY if your local bike shop doesn't sell it)

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/acrobat/ACF-50%20MOTORBIKES%20.pdf

I use ACF-50 on my bike (04 'R6) and it's helpd keep the condition of the bike good as I ride it whatever the weather ... even snow.

I user Wurth Performance Dry Chain lube as it doesn't fling everywhere.

As for a product to help your bike through winter; Scottoiler do one which is OK, but the best one is ACF-50. Here's a link to have a read about it. (It's always selling on EBAY if your local bike shop doesn't sell it)

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/acrobat/ACF-50%20MOTORBIKES%20.pdf

I use ACF-50 on my bike (04 'R6) and it's helpd keep the condition of the bike good as I ride it whatever the weather ... even snow.

Thanks for the info. I am going to get ACF50 as i was told already how good it is. Can i ask you, how often do you apply it.i know its says it lasts for 12 months but do you have to reapply after you wash the bike and also, do you spray it everywhere apart from the discs.

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online