r6 and r6s

pnoidrummer
This post is 6086 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the new 07' r6 and r6s, which bike is more peaky? and what does the r6s redline at? and a quick question, is there a way to put an exhaust that's as long as the r6s on an r6?

i was actually at a dealer looking at these bikes yesterday.

basically, the main differences are going to be found in the clutch arrangement (less likely to lock the back wheel if you downshift hard) and it has a fly-by-wire throttle....

the handlebars are a bit more aggressively set up (lower than on the r6s) and from what i could see just by looking at them, they both hit redline at the same spot (16k)

from what the guy at the dealer told me, the r6s is basically an 04-05 r6.

but it sounds like this is going to be their last year for the 600r, so if you wait a bit, you might be able to pick up a brand new 600r for a bit less as they try to get rid of them.

im leaning towards getting a r6s next year sometime, just because i doubt that they will have ironed out all of the kinks that first and second year runs of any bike, car, or new technology are bound to have, and i dont want to run the risks of picking up a used r6 that someone has beaten up and not broken in properly.

just my .02

i was actually at a dealer looking at these bikes yesterday.

basically, the main differences are going to be found in the clutch arrangement (less likely to lock the back wheel if you downshift hard) and it has a fly-by-wire throttle....

the handlebars are a bit more aggressively set up (lower than on the r6s) and from what i could see just by looking at them, they both hit redline at the same spot (16k)

from what the guy at the dealer told me, the r6s is basically an 04-05 r6.

but it sounds like this is going to be their last year for the 600r, so if you wait a bit, you might be able to pick up a brand new 600r for a bit less as they try to get rid of them.

im leaning towards getting a r6s next year sometime, just because i doubt that they will have ironed out all of the kinks that first and second year runs of any bike, car, or new technology are bound to have, and i dont want to run the risks of picking up a used r6 that someone has beaten up and not broken in properly.

just my .02

But Yamaha has a 2 year lifespan on bikes and the '08 R6 although looking similiar to the '06 and '07 R6 acctually has a different Chassis, different engine now has YCC- I (Variable Inlet Tracts) and slightly amended bodywork.

The 04 -05 R6 has a stronger engine for the road, but the 06 - 07 R6 handles slightly better. I've got an 04 R6 and took an '07 out for a teast ride a few weeks ago and decided I want my engine in the '07 frame to get the best of both worlds.

The '08 should be an awesome bike ... as usual of course :-) See link below for more details.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/new...072008yamahar6/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online