Cops

daboz1323
This post is 6037 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Radar detector....or are you wanting an actual radar unit?

Either way it depends on local and state laws, as for speeding...It all depends on weather the officer thinks your good enough to get away.

If you do get pulled over and a cop sees a Radar detector on your bike you might as well write yourself the ticket.

Most people I know just bolt when they see the blue lights. Not hard to get away. In the county I live in here in Georgia(USA) if you attempt to run in a go-kart they aren't suppose to persue you. The only reason is if you have a warrant for your arrest that involves violent/severe crime such as Rape, Murder, Drugs, Assault, etc. Even if they get your tag a lawyer will eat that alive so bad that by the time he craps it out your toughest decision is wether to stay and listen to the judge apalogize for wasting your time.

Most cops leave bikes alone because they don't want to bother persuing it. Lot's of times they'll hit their lights to see if you are going to stop but just act like you are assuming it's not for you. If he does turn around then you can bolt or just take your ticket. However you do get those cops who just want a chase and will go after a 90year old grandma for a rush.

i think there is a no chase policy where i live but you have to be going 130. coz ive passed a few cops doing nearly 160 in my vette and they just sit. i figured they wouldn't care to try and getcha but i aprriciate the insite

radar detector is prolly a bad idea i guess?

I'd say so. They are a bad idea for any vehicle really. Cops just have to flip a switch and their radar is going off. It's not like years ago where it had to constantly run.

I do love those radars they stick on the side of the road. I always try to see how fast I can blow by them.

Now if you are being trailed by the Italian Lamborghini Police car I guess that woudl be a good time to pull over. You'd be on a R1 doing 190 and they'll be next to you doing 200 waving at you and saying "Please pull over. We have Air Conditioning unlike you so give up".

Guest Brian Bonner

Honestly, if you're that worried about getting a ticket, don't do anything stupid. Speeding's included, have you see what happened to Nick Hogan? Little twit lost control of his car at 130mph and hit a palm tree and his passenger's in a coma and pretty much brain dead.

Honestly, if you're that worried about getting a ticket, don't do anything stupid. Speeding's included, have you see what happened to Nick Hogan? Little twit lost control of his car at 130mph and hit a palm tree and his passenger's in a coma and pretty much brain dead.

Like This!!! Caution to viewers..may be offensive

ELB Forums..Bike Crash

I saw that before. Looks like Squid to me. A clear road at 1am and running into the back of a large Tractor Trailer. Seems odd to just hit the truck on what was probably a fairly clear road. Plus notice the Clean White Jacket and the helmet with no DOT or Snell stickers on the back.

I wonder what kind of bike it was.

• 1 month later...

who is nick hogan?

Guest Brian Bonner

who is nick hogan?

Nick Hogan is the son of the famous WWF (I believe it was WWF at the time he was wrestling) Hulk Hogan. Nick's real name is Nicholas Bollea, he was racing one of his pit crew members on some streets in florida and had a spectacular crash. His car hit a palm tree and pretty much was completely totalled, his passenger was an Army guy who just got back from Iraq and now is brain damaged and pretty much a vegetable.

Nick's had more than his fair share of speeding tickets but since he's also considered a celebrity, he pretty much got off with a slap on the wrist.