Insurance help for an XJ

noob
This post is 6086 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hay all. I bought an XJ 750 SECA and I am having trouble finding insurers that will insure it, being a US model. I found 2, but would like some more to get more quotes from.

Got any sugestions on insurers that will insure it?

Cheers.

I should add that I am in the UK.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about Europe but I have an XJ600 in the States and I got insured through Progressive Direct. Can't convert it to your currency but I know I pay about $100 a year for Liability.

I also don't know if they do international or if your government will accept an American Insurance company but you can try their website and see if they do.

Hay all. I bought an XJ 750 SECA and I am having trouble finding insurers that will insure it, being a US model. I found 2, but would like some more to get more quotes from.

Got any sugestions on insurers that will insure it?

Cheers.

I should add that I am in the UK.

I have found that most agencies are not at all up to date with new releases of bike let alone imports of varients.

Do not deal with middlemen go directly to a company and explain your situation. Give them the original spec. of the bike and nominate an equivilant that was sold in this country. Dealing directly with a broker is the only way.

I might have problems now anyway. Being on a restricted license I am limited to 33 BHP, and as the bikes got a stock power of 82, it needs restricting. I can't get a restriction kit for it as the frame numbers don't match up with what the supplier expects and goes off.

That sucks about your license. I'd get an R6 and just go if you are pulled over. Then again in my state if you attempt to run the cops can't go after you. No matter what vehicle you are in and even if they get your tag number clear as day. The only reason they can persue you is if you commited a violent crime such as rape, murder, robbery, etc.

I might have problems now anyway. Being on a restricted license I am limited to 33 BHP, and as the bikes got a stock power of 82, it needs restricting. I can't get a restriction kit for it as the frame numbers don't match up with what the supplier expects and goes off.

Noob you have no hope. Do it up and in the mean time (as time passes) you will not need to de-restrict it.

Why did you make life so difficult for yourself?

I advise not to run from the police as they will hound you for the rest of your life.

I have a plan now. Theres no legal requirement for how it is restricted, aslong as it doesn't produce more than 33 BHP. I am going to put a plate on the carb bracket that will physically restrict the throttle movement and get it dyno tested :D.

Not sure about Europe but I have an XJ600 in the States and I got insured through Progressive Direct. Can't convert it to your currency but I know I pay about $100 a year for Liability.

I also don't know if they do international or if your government will accept an American Insurance company but you can try their website and see if they do.

I had Progressive and hit a eagle over 3 years ago and they have not payed a dime on it. My wife injured her neck and every dr. that treated her said her injuries were caused by the wreck but progressive says it was not. They have not even paid for the ambulance from the scene. If you want to fight for coverage you pay for then go ahead and buy it I never will again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online